King Planer Drive Belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King Planer Drive Belt

Good Day, I recently picked up a used King Canada KC-426C 12.5" planer, the only obvious issue with it is the fact that the drive belt has shredded. The belt is listed in the service manual as part 26 Rib Belt 05-04260260. I have checked with the local dealers as noted on the King Canada site, but none stock, nor seem willing to order. Is there an equivalent belt that can easily be ordered?

Thanks
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: King Planer Drive Belt

Is it a regular V Belt ?
    • “The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.”Winston Churchill

Comment

Does the attached photo help?
      Attached Files

Comment

Can’t tell from the picture
        is it a v belt ?
        If so should be easy to find
        • “The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.”Winston Churchill

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	36C92294-5DDA-4BC3-B312-C9193C6768CA.jpeg
Views:	49
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	1260737

Comment

Looks like a common top cog v belt easy to find

Comment

Originally posted by redlee View Post
              Can’t tell from the picture
              is it a v belt ?
              If so should be easy to find
              It's listed as a rib, so not a V belt. Many of the ribbed belts also have top cogs.

Comment

Given what you have left of the belt, you should be able to measure the circumference and confirm it against the circumference around the pulleys. Then count the number of grooves in the pulleys and that gives you the number of ribs on the belt. Take your leftover belt and your measurements to a belt/bearing store (Canadian Bearings etc) and they should be able to give you one to fit.

EDIT : any Home Hardware store can order from King Canada.
                smallerstick likes this.

Comment

With a little closer inspection of the innards, I am beginning to think that the previous owner grabbed any old belt that seemed to fit and put it on. The belt is way narrower than the pulleys, which are indeed grooved. Now to start measuring. Thanks for the input so far, and also the tip on Home Hardware,

The circumference measured within the grooves of the pulleys is ~13.5" and the pulley width is .5"
                  Last edited by ex-egll; 12-03-2019, 06:57 PM.

Comment

the belt is a 135-J6

Comment

Originally posted by HerbO View Post
                      the belt is a 135-J6
                      Sounds about right ..... 13.5" circumference and 6 grooves. Unless the owners manual says different, we always found it easiest to change the belt by removing both pulleys, putting the belt over them, stretching it out tight and sliding the pulleys back onto the shafts. Keep an eye on any woodroffe keys that may want to fall out.
                      Last edited by John Bartley; 12-04-2019, 07:24 AM.
                      smallerstick likes this.

Comment

Many thanks to ALL for responding, HerbO thanks for the belt number that has made life much easier, replacements available on Amazon.ca (I'll stay clear of the orange ones!) John, thanks for the installation tip. Time to clean out the innards ans wait for the belts to arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by ex-egll View Post
                          Many thanks to ALL for responding, HerbO thanks for the belt number that has made life much easier, replacements available on Amazon.ca (I'll stay clear of the orange ones!) John, thanks for the installation tip. Time to clean out the innards ans wait for the belts to arrive.
                          Here is the manual for that. The number that they have is Rib Belt # 05-04260260 . I thought I posted this yesterday but I guess I did something wrong. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                          X