Table Saw Wing / Drop Leaf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table Saw Wing / Drop Leaf?

I have a basement shop and space is at a premium, i have been looking at my table saw and thinking that i could save a lot of space i don't often use by having my extension wing act as a drop leaf with some legs on hinges. I already have some locking leg hinges and i don't see why this wouldn't work. I have an accusquare fence and love it. It would obviously need to be cut to make this work. I have a 52" fence and i almost never cut full sheets of plywood but i hate to loose the capability. Im thinking leaving ~36" of rip capacity as solid and having the rest of the 52" fence on the leaf section. anything im missing in trying to do this? i know it would be a bit tricky to get it all aligned but i would have adjustable feet on the legs.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Table Saw Wing / Drop Leaf?

To have 39" rip capacity your fence rail would have to go well beyond 39" !

Tim

Comment

Re: Table Saw Wing / Drop Leaf?

Making a hinged extension table would be no problem, but you will not be able to cut & hinge the fence rail. It just will not be practical to do so in a manner that will keep it accurate.

I wouldn't hesitate to cut it down to 30 or 36" though. I had a 52" fence for about 15 years & only used that extra capacity a very few times. Mostly it was just in the way.

Comment

Working...
      X