Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

King Excelsior Duo Fence Opinions/Experiences.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King Excelsior Duo Fence Opinions/Experiences.

I'm in the market for a new fence for my saw and the more research I do the more it seems like my options here are limited (I like the Vega and Incra's but by the time they get here they'll cost an arm and a leg). Long story short I like the euro-style duo-fence but I have this internal bias to stear clear of King products. Sometimes that kind of thinking has you pass up on perfectly good tools/products though. Just wondering if anyone has it, or has any experience with it and what their thoughts on it are.

Thanks in advance!
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: King Excelsior Duo Fence Opinions/Experiences.

I should add I'm open to other suggestions for fences. I did a lot of digging in the forums, but opinions seemed split on a lot of the ones that came up (accusquare, redline, align-a-rip etc.).

I'm not looking to spend a fortune, but I'm willing to put down money for something that's going to give me reliable, accurate and square cuts when set up. I tend to get lost in the research for fear of buying the wrong thing.

Comment

I have a G.I. Beisemeyer clone on my G.I. contractor saw. It works well, but it has no way to mount anything, no slots etc.

I have read about others buying the Mule fence and when I look at it, it looks like the sort of fence that I would buy if I had to replace mine.

http://www.mulecab.com/

.... just an opinion ....

Comment

B-E.... retrofitted a Mule/Accusquare fence on a Craftsman contractor tablesaw approx. 15 years ago. Was completely satisfied until saw sold 6 months ago, never required any retuning after initial setup. Roy
        Are you solving the problem, or becoming part of it?

Comment

No recommendations but an observation about the Mule Accusquare type fences. They can only be removed by sliding off either end of the rail. Biesemeyer fences and their clones can just lift off the saw top. That may not be an issue for some. For me it would be a show stopper, as I have a sliding table on one side and a router table on the other. Just something to think about. You can attach auxiliary fences to a Biesemeyer type fence for special jigs and such if you wish.
          Cheers
          Randy

Comment

Originally posted by Randy in Calgary View Post
            No recommendations but an observation about the Mule Accusquare type fences. They can only be removed by sliding off either end of the rail. Biesemeyer fences and their clones can just lift off the saw top. That may not be an issue for some. For me it would be a show stopper, as I have a sliding table on one side and a router table on the other. Just something to think about. You can attach auxiliary fences to a Biesemeyer type fence for special jigs and such if you wish.

Good point. At the moment it wouldn't be a huge issue, but I had contemplated that with the Incra too (looks like a hassle to completely take the fence off). I don't need a ton of rip capacity (nor do I have the space), but want to be able to get the fence out of the way for sleds/jigs and cross cuts.

​​​​​​I've looked at the Shop Fox classic as well with that in mind.
            Last edited by Big_Eazy; 03-25-2020, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Bi_Easy, you can buy the Incra fence from Elite in Levis. The only two places that sell Incra in Montreal, Langevin & Foret and they sell only the Miter from Incra, also LeeValley yhat sell the samething. Incra is a step ahead of the other one on the market.

Comment

I have the king industrial 10kx/u50 with the duo style fence and have no issues with it. I like being able to slide the fence back and lock it in place for a quick stop for miter gauge . I haven’t Really found the need to flip it over for thin /narrow stock. I drilled and tapped some small holes and fastened a t-track along the Top of the main fence body. Use machine screws to secure in place. I have a few jigs that I just slide in place and tighten down with the t bolts and star knobs.

The saw has no trouble doing what I need it to do and with the fence properly adjusted, my cuts are square.

Comment

I have the regular King fence with the extruded aluminium fence surfaces and its great. Perhaps it does not slide side to side quite as smooth as my other biesemeyer fence but its still good. I have plenty of King equipment and have not been let down. As good as Delta and General in my opinion. (Which to some are cheap small hobbiest tools but to each their own)

I have an Incra fence on my router table and appreciate the accuracy and how easy it allows for very minor adjustments but dont see the need for it on a table saw.. it looks way to much of hassle and since it has the fixed main bar, you need to have a lot of extra space on the right side of it as you open up the fence...

Comment

Hey, I've got the King Excelsior Duo Fence on my King Industrial Cabinet Saw, and am pleased with it, it's a versatile fence and I have no issues with it at all. It came with the saw, and installation is easy, and the instruction manual is great. I would buy another in a heartbeat.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Steve in Nova Scotia View Post
                      Hey, I've got the King Excelsior Duo Fence on my King Industrial Cabinet Saw, and am pleased with it, it's a versatile fence and I have no issues with it at all. It came with the saw, and installation is easy, and the instruction manual is great. I would buy another in a heartbeat.
                      Nice shop.
                      Cheers
                      Randy

Comment

Thanks for the input everyone! Think I'll give the Duo-fence a shot

Comment

How about make your own Beismeyer type rail and get a VSCT fence?

https://vsctools.com/diy-guide-rails/

https://vsctools.com/shop/product-ca...ble-saw-fence/

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by altiplano View Post
                            How about make your own Beismeyer type rail and get a VSCT fence?

https://vsctools.com/diy-guide-rails/

https://vsctools.com/shop/product-ca...ble-saw-fence/

​​​​​
                            While I have looked at their fence more than once(and think it looks great I might add), it's $600-$700CDN when it's all said and done and more than I'm looking to spend at the moment.

Comment

That is a chunk of dough. Good luck with your new fence.

Comment

Working...
                              X