Delta parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta parts

I just broke the geared drive belt on my Delta 31-460C (type 2) belt/disc sander. Anybody know of a Canadian supplier, preferably in BC, that can sell me that part? I've found some in the US but by the time you factor in currency exchange, shipping and border brokerage is gets absurdly expensive.
    Steve
    Richmond, BC

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Delta parts

If by geared you mean cogged "Gates" is one or the best way to go, last I checked they are still made in the States and they are industrial quality. They come in all sizes and cross sections. Heres a picture of 3 I pulled out, one is salvaged from a Inglis machine the other two are new old stock in three sizes and cross sections, all are Gates. You can get them at general car and truck parts dealers. I got the large one at a truck stop that had a large parts and repair bays department. They were clearing old stock. If your size is not stocked they can order for you. Understandably you will pay more than for the imports. Given todays demands you may want to shop on line, I didn't but if you check for cogged Gate belts on line you will find many.

Click image for larger version  Name:	004.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.1 KB ID:	1281518
    Last edited by Carlosinthesticks; 05-03-2020, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlosinthesticks View Post
      If by geared you mean cogged "Gates" is one or the bes ....
      The sander he has uses a "timing" style belt, thin, flat on the outside and toothed drive on the inside.

Steve : did your belt have any numbers left on it? They might give the width and length or number of drive cogs.

Comment

You could try Motion Canada in Burnaby on Fraserwood Court. I've bought pulleys from them, web site also lists synchronous and timing belts.

Comment

Originally posted by John Bartley View Post

The sander he has uses a "timing" style belt, thin, flat on the outside and toothed drive on the inside.

Steve : did your belt have any numbers left on it? They might give the width and length or number of drive cogs.
          Ok "Gates" makes them too and also available at general car and truck parts depots. Finding the right size though might challenge your patience unless they can order you one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	1281523

Comment

I've dealt with Applied many times for belts and bearings http://www.appliedcanada.com/branches/

There is also this place, have dealt with them before

https://westcoastbelts.com/product/2-new-belts-porter-cable-1341559-31-460-31-460c-t123-disc-sander-bdsa100-t1/

Shipping is flat $4.00

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Thanks for the leads. Since I posted, I've been doing a bit of sleuthing online. Here is what I've discovered for replacement drive belts for Delta 31-460 Type 2 & 3 (not Type 1)

Timing Belt Industry # 160XL037
              Belt width: 3/8", Belt length: 16", 80 teeth,. 1/5" pitch

Gates seems to be the most common manufacturer.

I've found them at Acklands-Grainger, Fastenal and several vendors on Amazon.ca. I'll also check out the links posted above.
              Steve
              Richmond, BC

Comment

If you verify with your car parts dealers like UAP or any other one, they might have it in stock, because some cars use it. You might find it closer than you thinck.

Comment

I ordered it from Amazon for $10 with free shipping. It will be here in a week. I found it at a couple of other places but they were either a 45 to 60 minute drive or shipping was about the same as the part cost. Prices ranged from $8 to $16.
                  Doug G likes this.
                  Steve
                  Richmond, BC

Comment

Working...
                  X