Which J/P??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which J/P??

I'm trying to decide if I should upgrade my 15" GI planer and 8" Grizzly jointer to a 16" J/P combo machine. I have a small shop and this will be a space saver for me.

I'm trying to decide between a new CWI Scorpion 16" J/P from Canadian Woodworker

OR

A used Felder 16" J/P, 3 phase power with all the hookups to run on 1 phase (as well as the mortiser attachment).

They will be about the same price but the problem with used is I would have to find someone to ship it to me whereas I can get delivery from Canadian Woodworker for $199.

Anybody with input?
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Which J/P??

If it is an actual Felder , not Hammer , I would take it in a heart beat. Not sure where it is but if it in South west Ontario I would pick it up for ya, put it on a pallet and drop at a trucking company. I owe you a favour.
    If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

LOL, thanks for the offer Brian. You owe me nothing buddy.

It's a Felder FS41 with mortising attachment.

I contacted a moving company and they will move it for $850 but there is only 2 guys and a ramp to a moving truck. At 1000 lbs I'm not sure it will go well for them.

Comment

Hope it works out for you Peter

Comment

Sorry for the confusion. It’s not a Felder but an SMC FS41. Still a big beast. Still trying to decide.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter in Maple Ridge View Post
            Sorry for the confusion. It’s not a Felder but an SMC FS41. Still a big beast. Still trying to decide.
            Do you mean an SCM FS41? You need to know what sub-model c, e, or es because that makes a big difference. if it's an ES I would not compare it with the Scorpion.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Originally posted by ezermester View Post

Do you mean an SCM FS41? You need to know what sub-model c, e, or es because that makes a big difference. if it's an ES I would not compare it with the Scorpion.
              I’m pretty sure it’s the C. It’s not the elite for sure.

Comment

Working...
              X