Ordered a Sharkguard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered a Sharkguard

I have been using my Unisaw without any guards or splitter. I am very aware and somewhat nervous about possible accidents so I took the plunge and ordered a Sharguard yesterday.
    Made it under the wire as they are running out of supplies. They are in Alabama and COVID has shut down their suppliers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DavidR8; 05-22-2020, 04:06 PM.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Ordered a Sharkguard

Click image for larger version

Name:	1B306BA6-AB3C-45B7-98AB-168B3FFBE314.jpeg
Views:	184
Size:	4.10 MB
ID:	1284581Click image for larger version

Name:	9AD0ADFF-789F-4AE9-BFB9-37384FDF14AB.jpeg
Views:	184
Size:	3.85 MB
ID:	1284580 Good show, I’m sure you will like the Shark Guard. I have had mine for about 3 years and it was worth every minute of the 5 months I waited to get it!

One of the downsides for me was removing the throat plate and Shark to adjust the guard height. This has been overcome with a simple hole in the throat plate, I wish I had thought of it sooner.

The other improvement I made is to my crosscut sled. I eliminated the front cross member by moving the rear fence forward. There is a notch in the rear fence that allows the Shark to ride up and over collecting dust right to the end of the cut. A side benefit is being able to see the blade especially when it’s protected by the guard.

FWIW!
    DavidR8 likes this.

Comment

Glad to hear you found a guard for your saw, I have a splitter mounted guard with extraction and an over arm guard with extraction.

Aside from the safety improvement you’ll not have to empty your shirt pocket all the time.....Rod
      DavidR8 likes this.
      Work is the curse of the riding class.

Comment

Thanks gents, I’m embarrassed to say that I haven’t been using the saw much as I’ve been trying to get my shop in order. Among a million other projects.
        I will make a cross cut sled (perhaps today) so I appreciate the tips on making it work with the Sharkguard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ive owned a sharkguard setup for about 7 years now. TBH I barely use the actual guard. I use the splitters that came with it all the time however.

I sealed the base of my Unisaw really well using duct foil tape and made a custom dust collector chute that I hook to my 3HP Dust Collector. There's barely any dust that escapes above the table the suction from inside the cabinet.

Of course I don't cut sheetgoods on the Unisaw - I have a festool TS55 and Ct26e vac for that which has exceptional dust control and collection. If I was cutting, say, MDF on the Unisaw Id probably use the blade guard and vac attach all the time.
          DavidR8 likes this.

Comment

I can not praise the shark guard,or the service I have received from the shark guard team enough.
            excellent product,excellent service,especially in these difficult times
            DavidR8 likes this.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...
            Working...
            X