Sheartak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheartak

Anyone have any experience with this brand. I’m looking at their spiral cutter for the DeWalt 735 planer. It’s significantly cheaper than the Shelix brand. I know it’s made in China but that’s not a deal breaker for me. But can’t find many reviews on them.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Sheartak

I know of a member on this forum that purchased a helical head directly from a manufacture in Taiwan. He was very happy with the quality. I have seen numerous Asian manufactures of helical heads at trade shows And I have not noticed any difference in quality between them and NA manufacturers. I would not hesitate in Chinese products.

Brian
    If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

I contacted them about a year ago after seeing one of their ads on here looking for a cutter for my 8" poitras jointer they responded saying they had never heard of poitras and sent me a drawing of their generic 8" jointer head and said if I measured mine they could make one to match. I didn't go any further then that. I'll be interested to hear your experience with them if you buy a cutterhead from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Wood Borer View Post
        I contacted them about a year ago after seeing one of their ads on here looking for a cutter for my 8" poitras jointer they responded saying they had never heard of poitras and sent me a drawing of their generic 8" jointer head and said if I measured mine they could make one to match. I didn't go any further then that. I'll be interested to hear your experience with them if you buy a cutterhead from them.
        Sounds like a sensible company. You take your dimensions and apply them to their drawing and send it back, what could be easier. Poitras has been gone for over 30 years, they could hardly ask them for dimensions!

Comment

I just saw that they now have cutter head for my parks 12" planer as well.. for only $1000. yikes!! I am working more and more on figured wood. so rather than spiral head for my deltal/rockwell/milwaukee jointer and 12"parks, I should prolly just get one of them combo machines with spiral cutterheads and get an upgrade in the process as well...

--R
          Posted from my BBC Micro

Comment

Working...
          X