Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for RIDGID #4331 13-inch Thickness Planer Blades

Hi everyone,

I just a acquired a used RIDGID #4331 13-inch Thickness Planer. The person I purchased it from mentioned that he already flipped 2 of the 3 blades (they are double sided) as they were nicked in the centre and as luck should have it the existing edges are pretty dull. So I wanted to replace them.

I went to my local Home Depot an apparently they don't sell them?... Nor can I order them... huh? anyways..... I did a quick search on amazon where I can find a set by "Powertec" for $55 but does anybody have a local (Toronto GTA) supplier for them? I just thought I would ask.

Thanks in advance
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Looking for RIDGID #4331 13-inch Thickness Planer Blades

It turns out that that the gentleman at home depot gave me the wrong info. They have blades in stock in various locations around the GTA.... Well thats what their inventory is saying... Wish me luck!

Comment

Good luck! I have an older model and the salesclerk told me HD stopped carrying the blades for it in Canada. They were also clearing out the blades for your machine. As far as I can tell, Amazon is where I’ll have to go for mine.
      ZeroCool248 likes this.

Comment

Try to find out the repair shop in your area that does the repair under waranty for Home Depot and he will be able to get them for you.
        Kayhan and ZeroCool248 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoalcove View Post
          Good luck! I have an older model and the salesclerk told me HD stopped carrying the blades for it in Canada. They were also clearing out the blades for your machine. As far as I can tell, Amazon is where I’ll have to go for mine.
          Ahhh.... That could be what he was alluding to. I hope to be heading out today to few location to try my luck. Fingers crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by oldtimers View Post
            Try to find out the repair shop in your area that does the repair under waranty for Home Depot and he will be able to get them for you.
            Thats a great Idea! I will look in to this as well! Thanks!

Comment

Quick search of the Home Depots in Toronto show a few stores with the blades in stock for 58$, not sure where you are located as to where the blades are but you could reserve online at the nearest store with stock and pick up at your convenience.
              Bill
              ZeroCool248 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by billsm View Post
                Quick search of the Home Depots in Toronto show a few stores with the blades in stock for 58$, not sure where you are located as to where the blades are but you could reserve online at the nearest store with stock and pick up at your convenience.
                Bill
                Hi Bill, Yep, I'm in the GTA and passed by a few shops around my office in Vaughan that said they had stock and when I arrived.... Nada, nothing, zilch!.... I'll be checking a few more on my way home from the office but something tells me this is may be same elsewhere...

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroCool248 View Post
                  Hi Bill, Yep, I'm in the GTA and passed by a few shops around my office in Vaughan that said they had stock and when I arrived.... Nada, nothing, zilch!.... I'll be checking a few more on my way home from the office but something tells me this is may be same elsewhere...
                  I find the online stock for big box stores to be pathetic. Checking the stock is a starting point, but no point in being surprised if the products are not there.
                  ZeroCool248 likes this.

Comment

Great News!!! I found a bunch at a Home depot REXDALE #7114 1983 Kipling Avenue, Etobicoke, ON, M9W 4J4. The online inventory note was "Limited Quantities" but I'm not really sure what that meant so I thought I'd give it a shot and to my luck they had quite a few.

They were also yellow stickered and discounted as they are discontinuing them which I guess means, get them while you can, otherwise Amazon will be your only option once they are sold out.

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions and now on to making wood chips!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7425.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	584.9 KB
ID:	1297487
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hope you bought 2 at that price.
                      Biĺl

Comment

Originally posted by billsm View Post
                        Hope you bought 2 at that price.
                        Biĺl
                        Yes! 3 sets Sir! lol I figured that should keep it going for a while....

Comment

Can't respect a company that won't support its products for more than a few years.

Pete

Comment

My question is, if the blades are discontinued, what are they doing with the planer? It doesn’t seem that they are coming out with a new one, and the don’t seem to be discontinuing the planer itself.
                            Anyone have any insight?
                            Darrin

Timber Elegance
                            My Etsy Store

Comment

Originally posted by darrin1200 View Post
                              My question is, if the blades are discontinued, what are they doing with the planer? It doesn’t seem that they are coming out with a new one, and the don’t seem to be discontinuing the planer itself.
                              Anyone have any insight?
                              I actually sent Ridgid a message inquiring about this. Hopefully I will hear back with an explanation. My hope is that they may be replacing the existing SKU with another one... but God knows?... I will post the reply... If I get one...

Comment

Working...
                              X