Band saw fences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Band saw fences

I have what I believe is a very early Kreg fence on my bandsaw. (I bought it a wood show about 25 years ago, so ...).

I have sacrificed skin and blood to it for the last time. I have been threatening for some time to get rid of it and do something else. It is time.

what are folks here using for fences? If you have built your own, any recommendations? Pictures appreciated.

Thanks,

• Thread Continues Below...

Re: Band saw fences

I made my own, very basic and simple, just clamped down. I use a single pivot point fence for resawing, works great. Easy and simple. Same idea as this except I just clamp it to the table with a couple of quick grip clamps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	b2ad0b6245c6358cbf78fb2247274ff6.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	433.2 KB
ID:	1314691

Comment

Thank you for that, that is what I wanted to see.

Just looking for ideas at this point so I can get after making a new fence, one that doesn’t keep reefing skin off my knuckles.

Comment

I use a point fence very similar to the one Bowtie shows but mine is attached to the stock fence. I provided some fore/aft adjustment and also have a shorter (1-1/2") version to allow me to drop the guides down.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210127_105253.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	1314755
        jim.gilchrist likes this.

Comment

I made one based on this video although I could not get the clamping mechanism to work so I went with a simpler mechanism with just a threaded knob pushing a block against the rail. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDOLkv_t-90

Comment

I have the newer Kreg fence on one of my bandsaws and it seems to work quite well.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...
            Working...
            X