General colour code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General colour code

Looking for General Machinery paint code for the green on the original machines built in Drummondville Quebec. or new off-shore models. for my 15 inch Band Saw (1947) Thanks,
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: General colour code

I have General 130 planer from the 1960’s and I took a part that was like new to the paint store and they matched it up. Came out amazing.
    Mike
    Click image for larger version

Name:	66FEB32F-6F0F-4934-86CD-771A11EB7C6B.jpeg
Views:	119
Size:	871.6 KB
ID:	1342946 Click image for larger version

Name:	A78AEDA5-4C74-4E4B-AE15-1B6EDEA79F2A.jpeg
Views:	111
Size:	984.7 KB
ID:	1342947

Comment

Cavagnal, I got mine thru Uni-Select car parts store. The paint is from Sunamco serie 200 base, it is a enamel. The receipe goes like that: 200-302 Vista modifier .95L. Mixture goes like that: 200-090, 696.7g. 11C02, 12.4g. 11C03, 45.3g. 11C05, 4.5g.11C10, 55.2g. 100-018, 119.2g. This paint is made in Quebec by Sunamco in Daveluyville, 819-367-4080. This is the closes you can get for the paint. Last weekend I did paint a General 350 table saw and I look at the old paint versus one that was already paint and their is no difference to it. I also have some made out in a spray can for touch up and they use the same receipe. Cavagnal, if you want more info, just call me at 819-374-0919. Roger B.
      cavagnal and John@Hamilton like this.

Comment

Mike, good to know that Dulux made some to. The color looks good to. Is yours very expensive, because mine goes for almost $45. a liter. I thonk the best way to do sometime is to bring a piece of the machinery with us, then they will have a better idee of what is going on on our need.

Comment

I got some mixed at Sherwin-Williams in the fall. (See attached pic).
          It's bang on for colour against my other machines.
          I think a gallon was around $65.

Click image for larger version

Name:	General Green-M.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	228.3 KB
ID:	1343024
          Attached Files
          eastcoast_chippy likes this.

Comment

Thank's Glenny, it's nice to know that Sherwin could do it also and think's for the color code.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

I believe mine was just over $30 as they had a sale on. My colour was a direct match and am quite pleased with this paint.
              Mike

Comment

Originally posted by oldtimers View Post
                Thank's Glenny, it's nice to know that Sherwin could do it also and think's for the color code.
                You're welcome.
                The salesperson also said it should be in their data base so any store could look it up.
                Not sure on if that's the case, but sure would make it easy for others.

Comment

That something that need to be kept in mind for the future. Thank's again.

Comment

Working...
                  X