X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rikon 10-326 bandsaw adjustment

Hello,

I just finished assembling Rikon 10-326 bandsaw. I have two questions:
    • Table was coated with some type of grease. I see people talking about using WD-40 to remove this grease but there are lot of types of WD-40. Which type of WD-40 to use to clean this grease. I cleaned most of the grease with a rag but grease has left few marks on the table. I tried using mineral spirit but it didn't help with grease marks.
    • I'm trying to square table to blade. I know my shed floor is not even. If I make both sides of blade 90 degrees to table, then back of the blade is not square. If I make the back of the blade square, then sides of the blade are not square. What should I adjust?
    Thanks in advance

Joe
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Rikon 10-326 bandsaw adjustment

Hello Joe
    Are you talking about adjusting the alignment of the blade to cut straight without any drift,
    or are you talking about levelling the table?
    The fence should be parallel to the stock, and not the back of the blade and teeth.
    On a lot of blades, every third tooth isn't set, so you can muck about with a ruler.
    Could make yourself a bandsaw buddy if you really wanted.

If the latter, then you might need some washers underneath?
    My saw has bolts there, and you can adjust any difference in the planes either side of the slot , to get it flush on both sides.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1470965-6.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	1345939
    Good luck with the saw
    Tom

Comment

Working...
    X