Drill press bonus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drill press bonus

The planets seemed to align for me today.I bought this drill press listed in the swap meet today.it came with what seemed to be a extra spindle.
    I was aware these presses had several “ quick change “ spindles available.turns out the extra is a mortise/ router spindle.
    i had a mortise attachment that came with a drill press I used to have,but it would not fit over the chuck,well,it’s ment for this set up.
    all I need now is a set of split bushings,and I have ordered what I think will work from Amazon.
    now,in my reconfigured shop,I have my j/p combo,bandsaw and the drillpress/ mortiser lined up on one wall,and can use any of the three for most uperations without moving any of them.I will need to move the j/ p slightly away from the wall for planing operations
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20A0F719-E93B-4A7D-9BE9-D902F1B796B7.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.72 MB ID:	1345941 Click image for larger version  Name:	6EA7AF9A-A4DB-4A78-81A8-07E91A27ABC8.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.18 MB ID:	1345942 Click image for larger version  Name:	5776EEE0-1EA1-4D90-9A3E-29F2DCEA6286.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.32 MB ID:	1345943
    Last edited by al.m..; 10-23-2021, 05:06 PM.
    ErikM and tool fan like this.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Drill press bonus

Well done Al. Some days you win!!!!
    I'm not getting older, I'm getting worse.
    Bob
    Member Valley Woodturners

Comment

Originally posted by Bobmezz View Post
      Well done Al. Some days you win!!!!
      Thanks Bob
      i really enjoyed seeing you,Jim,and Darrin today,was a glimpse of normal times

Comment

Great looking drill press Al. I also see in the pic how you tethered the two halves of the multi function machine overhead. Great breakfast let’s do it again soon.

Jim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jim near the Tay View Post
          Great looking drill press Al. I also see in the pic how you tethered the two halves of the multi function machine overhead. Great breakfast let’s do it again soon.

Jim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          Yes,covid interfered with a good thing,
          I understand you had a birthday to participate in,sorry I didn’t have a chance for a proper good bye

Comment

Working...
          X