Delta1" belt/5" disc sander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta1" belt/5" disc sander

I bought this sander years ago and never used it. I was thinking of selling it and my wife asked for it. She plans on using it for her crafts. When I turned it on, I noticed that it was rotating the wrong way! The belt goes up and the disc is rotating against the arrow on the guard. I looked for a switch to change the rotation but could not find one. Has anyone experienced this before?
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Delta1" belt/5" disc sander

yes this is possible on an induction motor, rare though
    i suspect that the centrifugal switch is stuck open or the start capacitor is bad(if there is one)

i am assuming that it is an induction motor! sometimes, if the starting circuit is not working, the motor will start randomly in either direction. usually it wont start at all

if you spin the machine is the correct rotation while turning on the power, it should start correctly, try that first
    pigag1 likes this.
    my shop is a beaver lodge
    steve, sarnia, ont

1940's Craftmaster Lathe

https://www.facebook.com/artistryinwoodca/

Comment

Re: Delta1" belt/5" disc sander

Originally posted by pigag1 View Post
      I bought this sander years ago and never used it. I was thinking of selling it and my wife asked for it. She plans on using it for her crafts. When I turned it on, I noticed that it was rotating the wrong way! The belt goes up and the disc is rotating against the arrow on the guard. I looked for a switch to change the rotation but could not find one. Has anyone experienced this before?
      Show a picture, that could help I think

Have fun and take care
      Leo Van Der Loo

Comment

Working...
      X