What’s a fair price for 14 inch delta band saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What’s a fair price for 14 inch delta band saw

What’s a fair price for a 14 inch delta bandsaw? I’m on the fence for an upgrade as I don’t use my current ryobi bandsaw much but for the right deal I’d upgrade. Curious what price range I should be expecting to pay for the delta bandsaw?
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: What’s a fair price for 14 inch delta band saw

There are a few different Delta bandsaws out there and conditions can range from "beat to death" all the way up to "fresh out of the box", so some photos would help. If you're talking about the average 14" C-Frame cast iron bandsaw in average condition, then I'd say anywhere from $250 to $400 depending on how it's equipped?
    smallerstick likes this.

Comment

Here’s the only picture they have posted. It’s from the original owner and includes two unused blades. Looks like they are asking $300.

I don’t have a table saw so was thinking this may be better for ripping wood than the one I have.
      Attached Files

Comment

Assuming it's in good working condition, I'd say $300 is fair for that setup.

Comment

I paid $400 for mine,which has the cabinet style base like new condition.

$300 is a good price for the pictured saw.

Comment

Looks like a better than average deal, definitely worth a look. I assume it is one of the newer made in Taiwan models not the older made in US or Canada models. I had a made in Taiwan clone of the Delta and upgraded to an older made in Canada Rockwell Delta. The older made in Canada model was a more rugged build but the Taiwan clone was a reasonable machine. If I recall, I paid $350 for the clone ten years ago with a riser but no fence or mobile base.
            smallerstick likes this.

Comment

I think that if I needed a bandsaw on a budget and this is as good as it looks I would be all over it like s#*t on a blanket and not look back.
              Not that it's a steal but it looks as though it hasn't seen much use and is complete. The mobile base is probably a $50.00 - $75.00 value and two new blades are probably $35.00 - $50.00 value leaving the saw at $175.00 to $215.00.
              Previously Wallace's Dad

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart Jacobs View Post
                I think that if I needed a bandsaw on a budget and this is as good as it looks I would be all over it like s#*t on a blanket and not look back.
                Not that it's a steal but it looks as though it hasn't seen much use and is complete. The mobile base is probably a $50.00 - $75.00 value and two new blades are probably $35.00 - $50.00 value leaving the saw at $175.00 to $215.00.
                Add the fence into that equation and the saw is close to free.
                The difference between a master and a beginner: The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.

Comment

Originally posted by smallerstick View Post

Add the fence into that equation and the saw is close to free.
                  True enough. But that's what I meant by complete. There are a lot out there without a fence.
                  smallerstick likes this.
                  Previously Wallace's Dad

Comment

Well I picked this up and am quite excited to get started with it! I had to disassemble the band saw from the base and remove the drive belt to get it to fit in the suv. I've put it back together and it's working but the motor shaft is awfully close to the guard. For those of you who have this bandsaw, is the shaft from the motor in the middle of the cutout or is it pulled forward (closer to the other pulley?)

Thanks!

Comment

No pic.
                      Noel

"Being so impressed with the beauty of nature, I never cease to be amazed at how the
                      'touch of the human hand' can transform it into another kind of beauty that is so uniquely human.
                      "

John Snow, Outdoorsman and Retired Teacher

Comment

Originally posted by sportyluis View Post
                        Well I picked this up and am quite excited to get started with it! I had to disassemble the band saw from the base and remove the drive belt to get it to fit in the suv. I've put it back together and it's working but the motor shaft is awfully close to the guard. For those of you who have this bandsaw, is the shaft from the motor in the middle of the cutout or is it pulled forward (closer to the other pulley?)

Thanks!
                        If you have any play, loosen the saw on the base and slide it away from the motor - then see if the motor shaft is now adjustable to be further from the guard. However ....... the shaft can be a hair's breadth from the guard and it's fine as long as it doesn't touch.

Comment

Here are a couple of pictures and a video. It is a couple of hairs away from touching so perhaps it’s ok and I’m trying to be too perfect.

I think the rattling sound is coming from the wheel or that long plate perhaps is a little loose?
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by sportyluis; 07-06-2022, 06:21 AM.

Comment

You got a goof price as i sold one last fall for $500. In Montreal they are $150 cheaper. You need to be careful that it was not used to cut metal. The metal Bandsaw have a gear reduce and can be filled with metal fillings. This is a bugger to clean. metal Bandsaw are also geared to run at a lower speed than for wood.

Comment

Originally posted by sportyluis View Post
                              Here are a couple of pictures and a video. It is a couple of hairs away from touching so perhaps it’s ok and I’m trying to be too perfect.

I think the rattling sound is coming from the wheel or that long plate perhaps is a little loose?
                              The motor can also likely be shifted over a smidgen.

Comment

Working...
                              X