Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Repair for a Delta 10" compound miter saw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repair for a Delta 10" compound miter saw?

My mitre saw is starting to wear out. I think the bearings need to be replaced as the blade has a slight wobble to it. When I line the blade up to my cut line, then make the cut, it's taking off an extra 16th past the line.
    Is there somewhere in edmonton I can take to get it fixed? (Not on warranty anymore)
    Is it worth it or should I spring for a new saw?

Ryan

GALLERY OF PROJECTS: http://lumberjocks.com/galleries/Boomr99#
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Repair for a Delta 10" compound miter saw?

You don't give a model number so its hard to say if its worth repairing or not. In general, unless its an expensive saw the answer is just buy a new saw. Prices have come way down and you get a really nice saw for not alot of money.
    Mark
    www.masterfinishing.ca

Comment

If you haven't done already, I'd suggest check a few things:
      - is the nut really tight? I have had it come loose on my Delta CMS a couple of times
      - Is the blade flat or is it possible it's wrapped?

You can find a service center in Edmonton by looking at the manual or calling Delta service center. I remember there were a few Dewalt/Delta service center around 99 st but don't remember the exact address.
      Remember, we are here to share, learn, and enjoy. Relax.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll have to check on the model # but it is a cheap one. Sub- $200 mark when it was new about 4 or 5 years ago.

The blade nut is tight with a fairly new freud blade on it. I doubt the blade is warped but I'll double check it.
        The electric brake is also worn out but I have been able to live with that.
        Sounds like it might just be time for a new saw. Especially if I'm looking at $80 an hourshop rate to diagnose and fix it anyway.

Ryan

Comment

Alright, so I finally got around to calling the Delta repair center near me.
          $60 shop labour and at least $80 in parts.

NOT worth the repair.

I've got my eye on this Bosch saw for a replacement but I'm having trouble deciding if I want just another 10" or a 12". I'm quite sure I don't want a slider. I'll have a real nice crosscut sled on my new tablesaw when I get it so the miter saw will maybe not see as much use.? Not sure.
          Any advice?

Bosch 4212L 12" dual bevel compound ms.

Ryan

Comment

Working...
          X