Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haussmann Xpert at Rona

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Haussmann Xpert at Rona

    Hi All,

    I was in my local Rona yesterday and noticed a new line of tools called Haussmann Xpert. Here's a link to the offerings:

    https://shop.rona.ca/shop/haussmann-...wer-tools_shop

    They also have another line called Haussman:

    https://shop.rona.ca/shop/haussmann_power-tools_shop

    Most interesting to me are:

    18" wide belt sander fo r$999 - has one open end so you can do a 36" wide piece.
    6"x48" belt / 9"disc sander for $249 (no stand)

    They also have a very nice looking 13" planer with cutterhead lock, built in chip extraction and preset depth stops. It sold for $499. I guess if I was in the market for a planer and had $499 I'd get the Dewalt 735 from BB.

    I hope the brand does well. I had a chance to play with some of the machines and they seem very robust.

    Cheers,

    Al

  • #2

    Re: Haussmann Xpert at Rona

    Re: Haussmann Xpert at Rona

    I spent a couple of hours in Rona yesterday and noticed the Haussmann items. I had never really given them a second look before but once I took the time it seemed to me that they appeared to have a nice weight, dimensions and proportions. I have no idea about how good the product line actually is - I don't know anyone who owns any Haussmann stuff. The price suggests that it's on par with DeWalt. I like the colours they've used and the overall feel.
    Anyone see a review or have any experience with these yet?

    Comment


    • #3

      Re: Haussmann Xpert at Rona

      Re: Haussmann Xpert at Rona

      I don't know why someone would go with an unknown rather than a tried and true name like Dewalt for the same amount of money. There just isn't the amount of reviews and referrals the other brands offer. Only time will tell.
      Why do people keep calling me Rob?

      Comment


      • #4

        Re: Haussmann Xpert at Rona

        Re: Haussmann Xpert at Rona

        looks like re badged Black and Darker type stuff

        Comment


        • #5

          Re: Haussmann Xpert at Rona

          Re: Haussmann Xpert at Rona

          I'd never buy a tool where parts and service availability down the road would be questionable. If it were for one big project and the tool considered disposable after... then maybe worth considering.
          Having said that, I can't afford disposable tools so I buy as best that I can afford and pay a bit more upfront.
          Paul

          Comment


          • #6

            Re: Haussmann Xpert at Rona

            Re: Haussmann Xpert at Rona

            Originally posted by Al in Toronto View Post
            Hi All,

            I was in my local Rona yesterday and noticed a new line of tools called Haussmann Xpert. Here's a link to the offerings:

            https://shop.rona.ca/shop/haussmann-...wer-tools_shop

            They also have another line called Haussman:

            https://shop.rona.ca/shop/haussmann_power-tools_shop

            Most interesting to me are:

            18" wide belt sander fo r$999 - has one open end so you can do a 36" wide piece.
            6"x48" belt / 9"disc sander for $249 (no stand)

            They also have a very nice looking 13" planer with cutterhead lock, built in chip extraction and preset depth stops. It sold for $499. I guess if I was in the market for a planer and had $499 I'd get the Dewalt 735 from BB.

            I hope the brand does well. I had a chance to play with some of the machines and they seem very robust.

            Cheers,

            Al
            Small possible correction:
            When I punch in my postal code - Newmarket, Ontario, and "Hausmann" in the search field in the Rona website, the 13" planer comes up with a $429 price

            https://shop.rona.ca/shop/cutting-to...wer-tools_shop

            I haven't yet seen the Haussmann badged line but have had a good experience with Rona's 90 day return policy...... it will be interesting to eventually get some user reports from people who take the plunge.....

            ...just don't be impressed because of the implication from the name that the line was made in or engineered in Germany...from their website, Rona is a public company with early roots in Quebec: why not find something in that history that to find a name for the line.....

            good luck

            michael

            Comment


            • #7

              Re: Haussmann Xpert at Rona

              Re: Haussmann Xpert at Rona

              You are not gonna get a DW735 from Busy Bee for $499.The current sale price is $599.
              I went through pricing planers 2 weeks ago.I even looked at this RONA product but there is as yet not enough info around to even consider that planer.I settled on the DW734 from BB for $429. and i am happy i did.....

              Phil in Buckingham.

              Comment


              • #8

                Re: Haussmann Xpert at Rona

                Re: Haussmann Xpert at Rona

                oh, most of that stuff has been around for awhile. It has been re-badged under hitachi, craftsman, BB, King, etc. in different incarnations. Not easy to cross-reference for parts, though, unless you know it by sight

                Comment


                • #9

                  Re: Haussmann Xpert at Rona

                  Re: Haussmann Xpert at Rona

                  Originally posted by michaely View Post
                  from their website, Rona is a public company with early roots in Quebec: why not find something in that history that to find a name for the line.....

                  good luck

                  michael
                  Poitras


                  Regards, Rod.
                  Work is the curse of the riding class.

                  Comment


                  • #10

                    Re: Haussmann Xpert at Rona

                    Re: Haussmann Xpert at Rona

                    Saw some of these tools a couple of days ago in Rona. They did seem fairly well built however I have to agree with another poster that I would look into servicability and reliability on this line. I guess its a new line that ROna now has so I also hope it does well. Canadian company afterall! For the same price point i would look to DeWalt for planers though. I have a DW735 and couldnt be happier.

                    Comment


                    • #11

                      Re: Haussmann Xpert at Rona

                      Re: Haussmann Xpert at Rona

                      Originally posted by Bob R., Ottawa View Post
                      I don't know why someone would go with an unknown rather than a tried and true name like Dewalt for the same amount of money. There just isn't the amount of reviews and referrals the other brands offer. Only time will tell.
                      Why do people blindly follow companies slike Dewalt who are completely out of touch with their customers? I gave up on them after several tool failures.

                      Comment


                      • #12

                        Re: Haussmann Xpert at Rona

                        Re: Haussmann Xpert at Rona

                        Originally posted by lashing View Post
                        Why do people blindly follow companies slike Dewalt who are completely out of touch with their customers? I gave up on them after several tool failures.
                        You're kinda doing the same thing, only in reverse .

                        Dewalt may not the be all and end all but they have some great products.

                        One's that I've used a bunch that I really like:

                        Jobsite tablesaw, trim compressor, tough circular saws, bomber mitre saws.

                        I actually think they are fairly responsive to providing innovative tools, all the following were significant at the time even if some were realeased on the coat tails of other manufactures:

                        Track saw, both planers, all their tablesaws, the big mitre saw.

                        At least as much as any other North American based company.

                        Matt
                        Last edited by matt in golden; 04-20-2010, 01:18 AM.
                        SPCHT

                        Comment


                        • #13

                          Re: Haussmann Xpert at Rona

                          Re: Haussmann Xpert at Rona

                          so has anybody bought any of this stuff?

                          and what are your reaction to them?
                          my shop is a beaver lodge
                          steve, sarnia, ont

                          sigpic

                          1940's Beaver Jointer

                          Comment


                          • #14

                            Re: Haussmann Xpert at Rona

                            Re: Haussmann Xpert at Rona

                            To my eyes the haussmann planer looks like the Craftsman 13" sears was/is selling. The motor assembly looks identical. Dont know if is is the same unit but the Craftsman got a bad rap for breakdowns. Looking at the locations of other parts I'd say its the Craftsman ... which is made by Ryobi I think? Certainly not german engineered. Just cause its called hausmann doesnt make it German. Its China.

                            Always a gamble wiith this stuff as even with the Rigid 13" you'll notice they are making them a bit cheaper now. I've heard people complain the motor bogs down easily on new ones.

                            Comment


                            • #15

                              Re: Haussmann Xpert at Rona

                              Re: Haussmann Xpert at Rona

                              Originally posted by matt in golden View Post
                              You're kinda doing the same thing, only in reverse .

                              Dewalt may not the be all and end all but they have some great products.

                              One's that I've used a bunch that I really like:

                              Jobsite tablesaw, trim compressor, tough circular saws, bomber mitre saws.

                              I actually think they are fairly responsive to providing innovative tools, all the following were significant at the time even if some were realeased on the coat tails of other manufactures:

                              Track saw, both planers, all their tablesaws, the big mitre saw.

                              At least as much as any other North American based company.

                              Matt
                              I too have owned the tools in bold, and have been very happy with them, with the exception that the circ saw I had did not hold up well. I just bought the 618 router kit and it is great, used it a bunch doing mortising yesterday. I am also looking at selling by Bosch 12" sliding miter saw because it is just too big for shop only use, and buying the DeWalt 12" one. They do have some lemons though, but wise purchase comparisons will weed that out.

                              I have not seen the Haussmann offerings, I rarely look at tools in Rona, but will check them out the next time I am in.
                              JIM
                              Calgary, AB

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X