Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRITON ROUTER on sale at RONA

Hi,

Rona won't be carrying the triton router anymore.......they are on clearance or on ''liquidation'' for those whose speaks the language of Moliere!

I pick-up a TriTon 2 1/4 hp router for my router table at 149.99$
    the 3 1/4 hp is at 169.99.

just passing along the information!

Re: TRITON ROUTER on sale at RONA

Thanks for the notice. I know that Triton itself is in financial trouble in Australia and they might have been bought out.

I hve the Treton 2 1/4 hp router and really like it. Perhaps I will purchase another for spare parts.

By the way, I notice that this is your first post here, so I would like to welcome you.
    Cheers,
    Frank

Comment

And a big "BIENVENUE" from me as well.

Just like Frank said, I may get one for spare parts. Or maybe I should just hold onto mine to sell for spare parts to others down the road?

Hmmm....what to do?
      Kevin

Comment

I saw them today in winnipeg for that price and almost bought one but decided to hold out for a OF1400, besides I already have 5 routers.
        The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Cheap Price is Forgotten!!!!!

Comment

I'm thinking of replacing my big PC router, it's a 75362. The problem with it is that it isn't variable speed, and if I'm going to start using panel bits, I need to be able to slow it down...a lot. It's a great router, haven't had a problem with it in over 15 years, but I think the variable speed is going to be important in my table.

Also, does anyone have recommendations for a router lift? I'm thinking to either get a lift, or build my new table with a tilting top.

Comment

Originally posted by hwgill View Post
            I'm thinking of replacing my big PC router, it's a 75362. The problem with it is that it isn't variable speed, and if I'm going to start using panel bits, I need to be able to slow it down...a lot. It's a great router, haven't had a problem with it in over 15 years, but I think the variable speed is going to be important in my table.

Also, does anyone have recommendations for a router lift? I'm thinking to either get a lift, or build my new table with a tilting top.
            Milwaukee 5625 for the router and either a woodpecker prl-v2 or a jessem lift.
            The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Cheap Price is Forgotten!!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I love my Triton enough I might just go pick up another one.

hwgill, if you get a triton, you don't need a lift for it. Great above table bit changes and micro height adjustment. And it has variable speed too.

Ryan

GALLERY OF PROJECTS: http://lumberjocks.com/galleries/Boomr99#

Comment

Originally posted by hwgill View Post

"Also, does anyone have recommendations for a router lift? I'm thinking to" either get a lift, or build my new table with a tilting top.
                I just bought a Freud 2 1/2 HP Router With above table lift for my Talbe in fact I bought the $300.oo ultimate table from HD just the other day I will not set the table up I'll just use the pieces from it the insert, the router, the fence, the switch. The beauty of this is the price I took back the 3 1/2 HP and insert that I bought previously, bought the portable table set up and came home with money in hand. If you look at the $500.oo table you get the bigger router and the micro adjutale fence, but no above table adjustment.
                Hope this helps
                Lloyd
                Last edited by Lloyd Den; 12-22-2009, 05:14 AM.

Comment

I picked up one today, thanks for the tip!

I have a Mastercraft 1/4" plunge router now (that I am very happy with) but wanted one to dedicate to a router table and that could swing the bigger 1/2" bits to do some cabinet door work (going to attempt some cupboards this summer). I wasn't planning to make a purchase so soon but with the sale and with Triton disappearing soon I made the buy.

I specifically wanted a Triton so was glad for the chance to grab one, I love the through the table lift mechanism and adjustment knob on the handle. Very nice features.

Things I like:
                  - Soft Start
                  - Electronically compensates for loss of speed.
                  - The through the table lift mechanism (with 1/128" graduations)
                  - The easy switch from plunge to fixed
                  - Comes with guide bushings
                  - Comes with fence
                  - Comes with circle template
                  - Comes with a real wrench
                  - Auto locks the collet for easy topside bit changes
                  - Above and below dust collection
                  - Removable plunge spring for table use
                  - Variable speed
                  - 3 year warranty (... dubious at the moment)
                  - Comes with a 1/2" carbide straight cut bit

The only thing I dislike is the plastic case, it protects the contents well but once the router is out I had a devil of a time getting it back and the case closed.

I purchased it on my credit card which extends the warranty by 1 year and if the company folds the credit card will reimburse me on a warranty claim for the purchase price (so I was told, never tried to make a claim before).
                  Last edited by Bitmugger; 12-22-2009, 08:42 AM. Reason: more notes

Comment

None here in waterloo unfortunately... it's too bad too, as I'm looking for something with a little more power for a table mount.

Comment

Originally posted by acr View Post
                      None here in waterloo unfortunately... it's too bad too, as I'm looking for something with a little more power for a table mount.
                      Booo. I was going to pop by this afternoon :(

Comment

heh let's storm the Cambridge Rona

At this price I would get one just for the convenience of permanently keeping it with a frequently used bit installed (like a 1/2" straight). It's so much faster to switch routers instead of bits

Lazy Nap.

Comment

Thank you. Just got 2.25 router at $149 last night. It's a sweet deal.

Comment

Didn't see one at our Rona, so I picked up a new Freud 3 1/4 hp plunge router at HD. They have it for 299, or 499 including Freud table. I'm building my own table, so I just spent the 299

Comment

There were two available at my local Rona (McNicol and Midland in Toronto). Now there is just one.

I bought one (as I said above, for parts). It`s a great router and one
                              that I want to be able to use in my table for many years to come.
                              Cheers,
                              Frank

Comment

Working...
                              X