Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Grizzly waives Brokerage Fees

Claude - appreciate your comments. Your apology accepted, but really wasn't needed. Thank you.

There is no regulation that is forced upon companies here in the USA with regards to machines except for some safety devices. For example, every table saw imported after January 2010 must have a UL 987 approved riving knife/blade guard on it. Many companies are not doing it, but we have converted over. I don't know if this regulation is in place in Canada. Regardless of what regulations there are in place here in the USA, we cannot make machines idiot-proof and our legal system makes it easy for ambulance chasing attorneys to sue without repercussions.

Electrical UL approval is not mandated and purely optional. Now, there are some counties or cities that require UL approval when machines are used in business, but it is not difficult to receive when the equipment is already up to snuff. For example, we sold over $50,000 worth of equipment to a guitar building company in California (very strict) and they were required to have UL electrical approval on all machines. They simply went through inspection, paid the fees and got approval. These machines are being used at least 8 hours a day every day, and have been for several years.

I think this thread has received a little bit of excitement and may be in danger of being shut down for having taken a life of its own, away from the original topic.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Hello Shiraz....hey Hanif how are things?

Actually guys i have not made any comments on the quality of either of your machines or whether they are the same machines or not.

I have only been talking about the feature difference of the Grizzly and General dust collector.
      I expressed an opinion that i thought the General canister was of better quality based on other low priced dust collectors i have seen. I was wrong to do so without first looking closer into it. That is difficult when there are no Grizzly machines in Canada for me to look at. Shiraz has now claimed it is the same canister and correted my statement. I accept his word.

Even with the difference in features i personally don't see what makes the difference in the price of the two units. Is the Craftex at the same price level as the Grizzly? Do they use the same canister?

Shiraz i take offence at your claim that i berated you or any other company. I did no such thing. I talked about some feature differences on a dust collector. You have now asserted that the General and Grizzly are the same machine coming from the same factory. You and i both know that a factory in Taiwan or China will build similar machines to different specifications and with different features. This will affect the final selling price. So i remain confused on the price difference. Your machine looks like a good value for the money.

Anyways it is great to have you guys on the forum. It is fun talking with you. I look forward to the information and comments your experience can bring to us.

Cole

Comment

Originally posted by Bob R., Ottawa View Post
        Personally I never understood why G.I. is held with such high regard. It's no different than King Industrial, or Grizzly in my opinion. Off shore made, off shore parts. To me they're in the same category. If you like the specs, fit and finish on one and the reviews are positive I'd have no problem getting one over the other, I'd get whatever's the best deal.

I have all 3 colors in my basement and like them all. The G.I. drill press I like the least actually but I haven't figured out if it was me putting it together that's causing me the problems or not. If I were to do it again I'd get a Grizzly table saw with a riving knife.
        I think Bob R. said it best.

Comment

Just got word today that the dust collector just entered NB. I'm expecting it Tues. or Wed.
          Shop and Projects @
          http://community.webshots.com/user/kcjones118

Comment

Papagrizzly.... welcome to the forum. When I seen your first post I was rather skepitical as to the identity of the poster as sometimes things are not as they appear. As others have stated it is always added value when you hear things from the grizzly's mouth.it is rather unfortunate that more people have not had the pleasure of visiting one of your stores or seeing your displays in Vegas or Atlanta. I am sure it would change the opinion of those that doubt your quality of your machinery. Not long ago the chatter was about "true" Riving knifes. It is my understanding that all your table saws are now so equipped, congrats for that. Thanks for posting.

Brian
            If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

I also want to add this tidbit of info since it's related to the topic of importing a Grizzly machine. I bought a 17" bandsaw G0513X2 not long ago. Before the brokerage situation was addressed I took advantage of a free shipping offer to the states only and shipped it to a US shipping warehouse where I picked it up and took it home.

The door had a scratch out of it with the plastic that wrapped the crate torn. Obviously occured during shipping or warehouse handling.
              I called Grizzly and they quickly called me back, asked for what parts I needed and they express shipped them to my door, in Canada. I haven't seen such service on any tool to date. I'm very happy with the machine itself and the service I received. They could have denied any warranty claims as I'm out of the country or said the in-between warehouse caused the damage but they didn't.

Similarily, I e-mailed King Industrial questions about some tools I bought from them, they blackberried responses within the hour. I'm not sure why people are against asian made tools. As long as this service is there and issues can be so quickly be rectified I'm happy.
              Why do people keep calling me Rob?

Comment

For those interested http://www.grizzly.com/products/3HP-...llector/G0562Z
                The final price shipping, duties and taxes in was $872.57
                Shop and Projects @

Comment

I think you got a good deal. I like there line of band saws, great to here they might be a little easier to get your hands on.

Mike
                  Mike @ Buck Lake

Comment

Well here it is. Now to configure the shop so I can get the best bang for the buck, oh and here's a shot of my new to me Gen Int. cabinet saw. Thanks again "Jim near the Tay".
                    Attached Files
                    Shop and Projects @

Comment

Hey, yours greens don't match!

Comment

The Grizzly and the Craftex greens are pretty close.
                        Shop and Projects @

Comment

Whats wrong with a multicolored shop? Are you planing on installing some permanent ducting?

Mike
                          Mike @ Buck Lake

Comment

Ya I'm going to put in permanent ducting, I just have to move things around so everything fits and I'm not running ducting all over the place. I'd like as short a rin as I can get. I'm open to suggestions. My shop is 26 X 30 but only space of about 16 X 30 is used for the shop. The rest is wood storage, finishing area and wood stove (which can be used in the summer but not the wintwer. There is also a garage door at either end, only one of which is used for the most part. I suppose I could post some pictures so you could see what I'm talking about.
                            Shop and Projects @

Comment

Kj let me know who you like this dc. I was thinking about a grizzly cyclone, but this is about half the price. Remember as gently of bends as possible too with ducting.

Comment

Working...
                              X