Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grizzly waives Brokerage Fees

http://grizzly.com/

Checked Grizzly site and see that they have waived brokerage fee's during the tent sale period. I also discovered they will ship any tool as long as the order is over $50. Might try some shaper cutters.

Brian
    If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Re: Grizzly waives Brokerage Fees

wow wish I had some money to buy something......donations accepted
    Murray

Comment

Put my order in today.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/3HP-...llector/G0562Z
      Shop and Projects @
      http://community.webshots.com/user/kcjones118

Comment

Originally posted by kcjones View Post
        I think a is in order here.

Comment

Originally posted by kcjones View Post
          Wow - looks like an awesome deal: It would cost you $700 for the comparable Craftex machine, plus another $500 for the cannisters

Cheers!

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by tyy View Post
            I think a is in order here.
            IMO a double is in order
            It's all fun & games until someone gets hurt, THEN IT'S SPORT......

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Madore View Post
              Wow - looks like an awesome deal: It would cost you $700 for the comparable Craftex machine, plus another $500 for the cannisters

Cheers!

Gary
              A General International 3HP Dust Collector (without Canister) goes for $1199!!!! Yikes!
              The more I look at machines and shop around the more I find General International to be very overpriced.

Comment

Personally I never understood why G.I. is held with such high regard. It's no different than King Industrial, or Grizzly in my opinion. Off shore made, off shore parts. To me they're in the same category. If you like the specs, fit and finish on one and the reviews are positive I'd have no problem getting one over the other, I'd get whatever's the best deal.

I have all 3 colors in my basement and like them all. The G.I. drill press I like the least actually but I haven't figured out if it was me putting it together that's causing me the problems or not. If I were to do it again I'd get a Grizzly table saw with a riving knife.
                Why do people keep calling me Rob?

Comment

The General in western Canada goes for $1279.00 WITH canisters for $1279.00 when it is NOT on sale....the same machine WITHOUT canisters can go for around $800 when on sale. The Tegs website is misleading...I am sure they do not sell any at that price.

The Grizzly is cheaper....although it does not have CSA aproved electrics and does not have the upgraded machined...explosion proof...aluminum impeller like the General. The canisters are not of the same quality level either.

As you may be aware i sell alot of General and i have sold King and Delta and a few others. General can be more expensive and sometimes machines can be similar with competitors...but overall i find you get better features and performance with General than you do with other low priced tools.

I tend to stand by the saying "you almost always get what you pay for"...yes there are exceptions once in awhile...but normally this saying stands.

Cole

Comment

Originally posted by C. MOORE View Post
                    I tend to stand by the saying "you almost always get what you pay for"...yes there are exceptions once in awhile...but normally this saying stands.

Cole
                    Cole .. I sympathize with your position but I think in todays world economy your saying has been replaced by an ever changing market place.
                    As an example take a look at the two links. This vehicle is built at the Toyota plant in Cambridge, about 1/2 hr from my door. I picked Naperville as that is where we purchased our RX 330 2 1/2 years ago. Not much has changed today.
                    http://www.lexusofnaperville.com/Veh...ails/641859813
                    http://preowned.lexusofcalgary.ca/detail.aspx?aid=21144

The list is endless but I thought I would take it away from tools.

Brian

Brian
                    Last edited by Bill MacDonald; 05-03-2010, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Oh i know what you are saying Brian but i think in your case this is more of a buyer beware type example as two dealers have different ideas on what their used vehicle is worth.

The whole U.S/Canada thing has long been an issue with some products...high end vehicles still seem to be far better bargains in the U.S. Tools are generally cheaper in Canada when apples and apples are concerned. Although i was annoyed the other day to see Acme tool selling the Bosch 1617 @ $209 and we are at $299.

Your example i think is no different that Tegs selling the General 10-210@ $1119.00 and Canadian Woodworker selling the same unit at $829.95....I good informed purchaser will get the best deal.

Where i am trying to make a point is that it is unfair to label General expensive compared to any other Manufacturer unless you are comparing the same apples...same features etc. My experience is that General consistantly adds features to their machines to justify the cost difference.

Believe me us dealers get annoyed too if General's price cannot be justified. We still want your business and if we can't do that with General we look for other machines to sell which will get your business.

Generally speaking lower priced machines have less features or performance....and higher priced machines have something more to offer. There are always exceptions to this rule!

You are one of many on this forum promoting Grizzly. Many have already purchased the Grizzly 8" jointer in place of the identicle machine from Busy Bee...both in the mid teens landed here. But not many of you talk about the Grizzly 8" jointer made in Taiwan that is more mony than the basic General....and almost as much for a similar model from General.

So here is the same company with 2 different 8" jointers that are not the same quality....so to say Grizzly is as good as General is a blanket statement that is not true.

You still need to compare apples to apples and only the purchaser can justify his own purchase!

Cole

Comment

Originally posted by C. MOORE View Post
                        The General in western Canada goes for $1279.00 WITH canisters .

..................The canisters are not of the same quality level either.

Cole
                        How do you know they are not the same or are of different quality?

Have you tested them side by side and do you have the results and the testing methodology to share?

Comment

PapaG...welcome!

Comment

Cole... Not sure what jointers that are sold by BB and Griz that you consider identical. The Griz basic jointer with a 2 hp motor and 4 knife cutter head is $575. The BB with a 1 1/2 hp is $999 and only a 3 knife cutterhead. The Griz 8 in with a 2 hp motor, spiral cutterhead, magnetic switch sells today for $995. The BB with spiral head and still a 1 1/2 hp motor sells for $1399 till the end of May when the sale ends. It is regularly $1799. The list on the Griz is $1095. I did not include the price of shipping for the Grizzly and have no idea how much that would be. Maybe someone who has received something could help us in that regard. I agree with you on the hand tools. One thing That I have observed is that in the US when something goes on sale there is a big reduction. Here in Canada they knock $15 of a $ 250 item. Big fan of Acme( Tool Crib of the North ) in Fargo and Minot. Bought my Leigh 1258 R from them 30 yrs ago. Read about them in a WW magazine and ordered over the phone long before www came along, in my world anyways.

I am a fan of Grizzly but I am a bigger fan of Quality tools and if you look in my shop there is not 2 tools from the same manufacturer, sorry that is not right. I do have a Bridgewood edge sander that I bought new and a 12 inch jointer that I bought used.I've got German and Italian machinery and they all work as they are supposed to including my Grizzly GO 513X bandsaw that for $995 is one of my better investments. The company exudes professionalism from the layout of their stores to their displays at the woodshows in Atlanta and Vegas. In all fairness to General they are no slouch when it comes to those shows either. Generals display was a lot bigger than any display they have had at the Toronto Industrial Show. General Int has quality machines but I personally fail to see a difference in quality between General Int and Grizzly in the big picture. That is only my opinion but I have spent a lifetime looking at tools and unfortunately buying way too many of them. I probably should have invested some of my tool money on therapy sessions. Enough rambling and see you on the flip side.

I agree with the aluminum fan in the DC but for the life of me it seldom is raised as an issue but it is a big issue on the industry side. IIRC Even on Bill Pentz's site it is a non issue. I have a Toolex and Kraemer and both have aluminum fans.

Brian
                            Last edited by Brian @ Muir; 05-04-2010, 01:05 AM.

Comment

I'm following this thread with interest. Who is Cole representing?

Comment

Working...
                              X