X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where can I buy vac hose socks?

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
    Vac hose manufacturers would do well to have 4 feet of smooth hose at the end closest to the tool. I hate the hangups and NO I ain't pulling it harder so I can damage the sharp edge of a project.
    I agree. If you think about it, a lot of household vacuum hoses are in fact built with an outer wrap just for this reason. It would be a plus if Festool offered an add on sleeve cover, although they do offer the contraption that fastens on the butt end of their rails to assist the hose in sliding better - of which I have two, but seldom use - I prefer this sock solution instead. It covers a broader range of snagging scenarios and requires no per use effort to have in place as opposed to fastening that other gizmo.
    Kevin

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Hey Kevin i just thought of this. Do you know you can unwind the collar end off the small hose and wind it back on?
      "Do it Right!"

Comment

Hey Kevin i just thought of this. Do you know you can unwind the collar end off the small hose and wind it back on?
        Really! I tried that, and I could not get it to go off. Is there a trick to this?
        Kevin

Comment

I don't know if it's a trick or not but mine came loose and dropped off once and I put it back on by sticking my finger inside the hose and holding the inner sleeve and turning the outer collar back on. Done it a few times now. No big deal really. Can't remember if it's a left or right thread but it's pretty obvious when you look at the hose.
          "Do it Right!"

Comment

I don't know if it's a trick or not but mine came loose and dropped off once and I put it back on by sticking my finger inside the hose and holding the inner sleeve and turning the outer collar back on. Done it a few times now. No big deal really. Can't remember if it's a left or right thread but it's pretty obvious when you look at the hose.
            Son-Of-A-Beach! You're right Rusty. Now I gotta go and see if I can get that red Silicone taped part hidden underneath the collar. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
            Kevin

Comment

Just took apart one of the ends, and unfortunately in trying to to have the taped end situated under the collar, does not allow the free turning of the collar, so I retaped outside the collar once again.

May try at some point to refuse the ends so as to eliminate the use of tape to keep the ends of the sleeves from fraying, but I'm leaving it alone for now. At least now some of the aforementioned issues with fusing the ends and having the ends expand in trying to get past the larger collar are no longer an issue when I re-visit this, which knowing me, will be sooner rather than later. I know I need something in a similar diameter of the smaller hose for fusing the end part of the sleeve that is affected by heat, which I could not find something suitable on hand. When I do, I'll undertake again. Thanks again Rusty for mentioning this about how to remove the colar off the hose itself.
              Kevin

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...
              Working...
              X