Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big Order Placed

Well its been a while since I have posted in this thread. Estimated delivery date was early May. Unfortunately I have terrible luck, as the container carrying my saw got in a traffic accident in Italy and was sent back to the factory for repairs and adjustments (My saw was fine, just the delay)
    Saw is hopefully at my door on the truck this week.

On a happier note some of my new blades showed up.
    Anyone ever compared the size of a 10" to a 16" saw blade? Makes you tink not about cutting off fingers but more your entire arm
    (the 10" blade sitting on top is off my general 350)

And ken, it will be moved around with a 80 hp farm tractor and fine adjusted into place with a large pallet jack.
    Attached Files

Comment

Congrats on your new saw. Takes you into another world when it comes to cutting sheet goods. I have been keeping my eyes open for a used Tiger Stop but they seldom come up for sale.

Brian
      If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

Hey Rod I had a Triple Laverda in Orange. I didn't like the tingle in the feet from the motor. I switched to a Ducati Desmo.
        That is a nice saw Glenn. I am just finishing setting up my newly aquired used Felder Kappa 40. Sliders are very nice.

Andy

Comment

Well the saw came tuesday, and i finished setting it up this morning-the electrican is coming later to hook it up for me (just swapping favours or I'd have done it)
          Purolator decided to stick to extra skids under it to lift it up to make it easier to move, which caused problems for me later.
          Outside of that, things went well, all parts where there.
          With the exception of lifting the sliding table (90kg) i was able to do all the install and assembly myself.

The true test will be when i start to use it and see how well the factory indexing on fences etc survived the journey from italy.

I managed to straighten that guard bracket but the paints pretty tore up- Cole offered to replace it on either a rush or normal parts order- still discussing that with him.

Otherwise I seem happy with everything.
          16" blade looks scary when up all the way, 5 5/8" cutting height, you appreciate your overhead guard to keep your arms away from it.
          Attached Files

Comment

Sure looks perdy Glenn.
            Kevin

Comment

Nice saw. I wasn't sure what was white and orange. Holtzer had orange in the '70's and early 80's. I still use a power planer from back then. Down to my last set of blades though.photo.JPG
              Last edited by Kevin H; 07-26-2012, 09:36 PM. Reason: add pic

Comment

Wow one heck of a machine there. Bet the blade whistles as it turns. The blades will cost ya for sure. $200 to $500 I bet.

Comment

Remember to pull out the E-stop before you try and fire it up for the first time Glenn...

Awesome saw buddy... Never seen that shop so clean...

Comment

Jarrett, the shops a lot easier to keep clean when there isn't a second workshop worth of tools in there ;). You didn't see pictures of the other half, there isn't a tractor fitting in there anytime soon. Hopefully we don't have to take a punch and hammer to get the e-stops to work this time (ps I sitll appreciate you fixing that for me)

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn in Caledon View Post
                      (ps I sitll appreciate you fixing that for me)
                      No problem Glenn, anytime... The family really enjoyed the steaks you gave me

Comment

What?? It's not a SawStop!! OMG <G>

Nice saw. Have fun with it!

Ken

Comment

Just a quick update-the saw now has power and cuts great. Haven't taken the time to set the the split blade scoring yet, but so far the fences are true and parallel-I have only had to adjust the measure tape strip on the rip fence (one nut), everything else has been dead nuts square out of the box.

Cole and I agreed on an extra accessory to cover my and my neighbours time in straightening the guard bracket, with me being able to live with a few paint scuff. (More then fair I think)

The blades sure do throw dust without the dc hooked up-first quick test cut put sawdust 10 feet out the port on the underside of the saw.

Comment

Now that is one nice piece of wood working equipment..
                            Congrats Glenn. Looks like the wait was well worth it.

Comment

Working...
                            X