Delta 13" 2-speed thickness planer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta 13" 2-speed thickness planer

I loaned my planer to a good friend several months ago. I had occasion to use it yesterday and discovered that the slower speed finishing does not work & suspect that he switched to same without the motor running.
    Is this something a fairly handy do it yourselfer should attempt to fix or should I take it into the hospital ?

Lee
    Lee
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Delta 13" 2-speed thickness planer

Lee, i moved your thread to the power tools section

sorry i cant help you with your query
    my shop is a beaver lodge
    steve, sarnia, ont

1940's Beaver Jointer

Comment

Lee,

I can't help you with how to fix this one either but if you need to borrow one while yours is being repaired you're welcome to mine. The Dewalt repair place is just off of Roper road I think.

stan
      http://www.woodmonkey.ca

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Brubaker in Edmonton View Post
        I loaned my planer to a good friend several months ago. I had occasion to use it yesterday and discovered that the slower speed finishing does not work & suspect that he switched to same without the motor running.
        Is this something a fairly handy do it yourselfer should attempt to fix or should I take it into the hospital ?

Lee
        Lee -- It is probably a gear that has broken or moved. I have that same planer and you can feel the gears mesh when you change over speeds. I would take it in and see what they say. A GOOD friend would offer to pay for it !! LOL.

Comment

Thanks for the kind offer Stan...however not in the middle of an important project so no time pressure. As such....I suspect Wally's advice is the correct one & will haul it in to the repair shop.

Lee
          Lee

Comment

Wally: In reading your post again, my good friend may not even know that he buggered up the finishing speed on the planer. Besides....I will be 81 this year & have come to realize that even if he does know, a good friend is priceless & certainly worth more than the likely cost of the repair. You know....all of us have a few warts & I would like to think that my friends accept mine.
            Lee

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Originally posted by Lee Brubaker in Edmonton View Post
              Wally: In reading your post again, my good friend may not even know that he buggered up the finishing speed on the planer. Besides....I will be 81 this year & have come to realize that even if he does know, a good friend is priceless & certainly worth more than the likely cost of the repair. You know....all of us have a few warts & I would like to think that my friends accept mine.
              I hear you Lee -- I thought that he knew about it and you're right it's not worth losing a friend!!

Comment

Lee, here's the schematics of the finishing planer, there sure are a lot of parts an pieces in there, fixing could be from very simple to a real headache, professional help might be your best bet

http://www.toolpartsdirect.com/cgi-b.../22-580_TYPE_1
                Last edited by Leo Van Der Loo; 05-19-2012, 10:04 PM. Reason: add the schematic link

Have fun and take care
                Leo Van Der Loo

Comment

I don't see any drawings Leo???

Comment

Originally posted by Wally in Calgary View Post
                    I don't see any drawings Leo???
                    The link is there now Wally, got there a little late , thanks

Have fun and take care
                    Leo Van Der Loo

Comment

Working...
                    X