WEN Wet Stone Machine 2900

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEN Wet Stone Machine 2900

I'd rather have the Makita that AskWoodman sells, but in the meantime does anybody know if these Wen sharpeners can put a decent edge on chisels and turning tools?

Click image for larger version

Name:	WetStone.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	949306

It's on Kijiji for $20, right now I basically have no way to sharpen my chisels.
    sigpic
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: WEN Wet Stone Machine 2900

If you have no way to sharpen chisels, then take a look at scary sharp.

Get some 1/4" float glass, spray adhesive and some silicon carbide wet/dry sandpaper.

This will get you razor sharp chisels, any of the powered methods are more about grinding and not about the final honing.

Comment

Princes auto sell a great 3 stage diamond sharpener. It is one of the best hand held sharpeners I have. Other than that I prefer for major dings a borzon grinding wheel on a surface grinder
      For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
      Sir Isaac Newton.

Comment

Originally posted by BryGuy View Post
        does anybody know if these Wen sharpeners can put a decent edge on chisels and turning tools?

I have an older version of the WEN tool ,it's alright for sharpening knives,scissors but the angle support attachment is way too flimsy to leave an accurate constant bevel on a chisel. unless you come up with some modifications to it to beef it up it is a useless tool.try scary sharp method as mentioned above,it's easy,cheap and you get excellent result.

Comment

Working...
        X