Laguna 14 Twelve Bandsaw Review - Part 2 Follow-Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laguna 14 Twelve Bandsaw Review - Part 2 Follow-Up

I did a follow-up to my original review, which can be found HERE.

Laguna customer service has been excellent. They offered to send me a free blade as compensation for my troubles, but I had a bunch of blades already so they sent me a couple of Laguna T-shirts instead (at my suggestion). Great saw and highly recommended.

Laguna 1412 Bandsaw Follow-up review
    Last edited by Randy in Calgary; 11-22-2014, 02:38 AM.
    Cheers
    Randy
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Laguna 14 Twelve Bandsaw Review - Part 2 Follow-Up

Great review again Randy. Love the zero clearance insert for the table top and the nut trick. I've had a few people say that Laguna service is questionable but in every situation that I've called them they have been nothing but great.

I bought this saw last Christmas and love it's power, size and features. The table did give me some issues but problem was taken care of by Laguna. As far as blades, I only use one blade for everything. 1/2" x 3tpi. I've found that once the saw is setup properly I can resaw, cut veneers, circles, etc. all with the one blade.

Good job.

Steve
    Steven Der-Garabedian
    www.blackwalnutstudio.ca
    [email protected]

Comment

Soon I should have one as well

-Darryl

Comment

Took delivery of my 1412 this week from Atlas Machinery in Toronto, and assembled it tonight. Two people and one and a half hours and I was cutting wood!!! Had none of the quality issues Randy had, my serial number is 14031206-14031337 maybe later production date.

Ian
        But on the other hand, I have five fingers!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by reginaldian View Post
          Took delivery of my 1412 this week from Atlas Machinery in Toronto, and assembled it tonight. Two people and one and a half hours and I was cutting wood!!! Had none of the quality issues Randy had, my serial number is 14031206-14031337 maybe later production date.

Ian
          My serial number 14092901
          Cheers
          Randy

Comment

TY for the review Randy had my 14/12 since April and very pleased with it. I'll be copying some of your mods. eg.
            mdf chip catcher, magnet for the insert and possibly an in-between sized fence. I've already shorten the fence knob & made my own magnetic light.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill R. View Post
              TY for the review Randy had my 14/12 since April and very pleased with it. I'll be copying some of your mods. eg.
              mdf chip catcher, magnet for the insert and possibly an in-between sized fence. I've already shorten the fence knob & made my own magnetic light.
              You're welcome Bill. Glad to help out. Resawed a bunch of 7 to 9" maple yesterday and today. No sweat.

Just another FYI. I happened to have a 240 volt and a 120 volt plug in my stash of misc electrical parts. Just for grins I cut off the stock 120 volt plug and hooked the saw up 240 to compare resaw runs. Couldn't tell any difference, as predicted in my video. I'll be switching it back to 120 volts tomorrow and re-energizing the plug at the back of the saw.
              Cheers
              Randy

Comment

Over the yrs. I've changed many pieces of equipment back and forth from 120 to 220 and have never been able to find noticeable difference. There was 1 exception when I plugged a skill saw into an extension cord with 220 on a construction site once the saw ran like mad but the switch was short lived. This was a long time ago in Vancouver around 4:30 in the afternoon I noticed right away something was wrong because at this time of day it was not unusual for the saws to actually slow down my guessing is because of the large draw with everyone cooking dinner.

Comment

Apparently these are flying off the shelves these days. Store I went to said they keep getting them in and all gone very quickly. Said it was similar at other stores. I think the FWW review had a lot to do with it.

-Darryl

Comment

When I order mine last Feb. they were back ordered for 6 wks.

Comment

Awesome review, Randy! I guess I should drop a deposit on the next shipment coming into Halifax? They may not get more if there's this much demand.
                      Lloyd Kerry
                      Creator of the new Kerry-All Truck Pouch
                      The soft-sided cargo 'box', custom-built for your pickup truck!

http://kerryallpouch.com

Comment

Great review Randy, nice to see Laguna is raising the class on this size bandsaw.
                        sigpicToday's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut, that held its ground.

Comment

This thread was on the Festool Forum and concerns the Laguna 14/12 and some of the problems with a brand new machine, just to give a different perspective. The main discussion starts part way through the second page but there is a fair bit of knowledge also shared.

http://festoolownersgroup.com/other-...hs-and-tpi/30/

John
                          Last edited by John JMK; 12-20-2014, 02:24 PM. Reason: Brain Damage

Comment

Originally posted by John JMK View Post
                            This thread was on the Festool Forum and concerns the Laguna 14/12 and some of the problems with a brand new machine, just to give a different perspective. The main discussion starts part way through the second page but there is a fair bit of knowledge also shared.

John
                            Link please.
                            Jamie www.turneddesignsbyjamie.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
                            X