Any EZ Smart Guide System owners out there

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any EZ Smart Guide System owners out there

Anyone know anything about this guide system or have one.

How does it compare to the Festool system.

http://www.eurekazone.com/products/index.html

Kevin
    Kevin

Re: Any EZ Smart Guide System owners out there

I have two 50" rails that I've had for about 2 years. I use it with my circular saw for knocking down sheet goods before I take them to my basement shop. I tried two other guide rail systems prior to using the EZ and it's a VERY good system. You have to attach a special base to your circular saw to run on the guide rails. Installation took me about 10 minutes. That involved 8 minutes to read about it, 1 minute to think about it, 1 minute to install it.

The rails work with zero clearance. If you look at the picture of them, the white extrusions in the side are removable and trim to the offset of your saw the first time you run the saw down the rail after that becoming a zero clearance (cut side) guide.

I havn't used their router plate but read that it is also very effective.

The clamping system on the rail takes some getting used to as you have to take into account where the clamps are going to fall.

I made this cutting table so the under rail clamps always have some place where they are not in the way:

The nice thing about this system as you can use your a saw/router you already have.

Now, I haven't used the Festool system, but it looks like it uses antislip pads on the bottom of it so it doesn't have to be clamped at all. The EZ system is less money and with a good blade in a saw you already have, it's more economical than the Festool system. Whether it's better, I doubt it, Festool stuff is pretty well thought out and equally well made, but the EZ smart system is excellent and one of the things that I've purchased that I wasn't hitting my head on the wall for getting.

I hope that helps.

Tom

Comment

It's great!

I recommend you go here:

http://www.canadianwoodworking.com/f...ad.php?t=16222

and here:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26
      www.patheticpair.com

Comment

Thanks Spokeshaven.

I had no idea the Eurakazone title of the recent thread you posted to link to was about the EZ Smart stuff.

I never looked at that thread. The first time I heard the name EZ Smart was last week at our Breakfast meeting when Mack in Brooklin mentioned them. He even sent me the link and I didn't even remember the name Eurakazone in it, nor the name remind me of any recent thread titles. Walking and chewing gum at the same time has always been so hard for me, now this!

The other link has got lots of good info. I've only had a chance to go over a bit of it, and so far it seems to answer a lot of the comparison questions I've been wondering about.

Next week there's a Festool seminar at Frank Pellow's in Scarboro and I wanted to get my head wrapped around some of this stuff before going. Hope I have the time!

Kevin
        Kevin

Comment

In case your interested in the EZ system there is a 20% off sale on until April 20th. This is an introductory sale for the new B-100 bridge to be introduced on the 10th April.

http://eurekazone.com/gallery/the-B-100-ez-Bridge.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRlrs438-kc

Bryan

Comment

EZ Smart

I have the EZ Smart 100" It has done everything promised. Absolutly accurate. There is a whole section dedicated to it over on Sawmill Creek, the inventor/manufacturer resides over there. One of the things I do like about it is the price promise. You can get the consumable parts, ie" ZCTI and guide parts at todays prices forever! I've been looking at there router attachments and I'm pretty sure I can jig something up on my own. Check them out on ebay.ca, you can usually get it for around $10 cheaper at the ebay store. I would highly recommend this system.

Regards, Daryl

Comment

Yes, I also have ordered from them and I think for over all system and price.There the one no big hipe and big ads made but does what it clams.
              John Mississauga Ontario.,
              Supporter of the Eurekazone
              Track system And SSRK, Ripsizer.

Comment

According to their website, you must get a US address and pick up?
                CHEERS
                Don B

Comment

Originally posted by HorseshoeHobby View Post

That's interesting, I recall conversing with Dino, and he said he had no problems shipping to Canada, but that was three years ago or so, when I first started this thread.

Since then, I drank some Green Koolaid, and now have all sorts of Festool in my shop. No regrets! (meaning, I never did buy any of the EZ Smart/Eureka stuff.)
                  Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by HorseshoeHobby View Post
                    I live in Alberta, and have have no problems getting anything shipped here from Eurekazone. Anything over 60" is expensive to ship.

But highly recommend EZ or Eurekazone, It is one of the few tools I own that "do not regret buying".

Dino is even making a EZ kit now to make the mft3 even better

I am a full time renovations contactor and am continually amazed at how versatile the EZ system is.

Larry
                    CD Mastering Online

Comment

I have most of what they make and there system is top of the line well made and ease of use.
                      Without saying one is better then the other but is my choice because of price and quality also very good support.
                      Its like anything you will love it or hate it. I think it is the best on the market can do it all and use any saw made.

Comment

And another 3 yr. old thread rears it's ugly head!
                        Mack C. in Brooklin ON
                        It feels really great to sell a pen;
                        It feels even greater to give one to a friend!

If your presence doesn't make an impact,
                        Your absence won't make a difference!

I am a proud supporter of
                        "Pens for Canadian Peacekeepers"!
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/One-o...95203433854962

Comment

I don't own a FT and don't plan to for many reasons. But I can tell you that Eurekazone makes good quality and value.

Comment

Originally posted by Mack C. in Brooklin ON View Post
                            And another 3 yr. old thread rears it's ugly head!
                            You callin' my thread ugly Mack?????
                            Kevin

Comment

I have this rail for 3 years and it is still my "table saw" (due to limited space). It works fine for my purposes. It does not look as fancy as FT, but I don't think it cuts any less smooth than FT, especially with the makita 8 1/2 and freud blade. You can do lots of things with this rail system. I have built various things from dinning table to beds with it. I had no problem doing the edge joint with this rail but now I start to do more with hand tools so my record #7 works just fine for me jointing the wood.

In general, the rail system works as it claims. It is cheaper than FT, and it is made in USA, no 2 price differences between canada and USA, no problem shipping to Canada (i am in Calgary, AB). The owner, Dino will do anything to help you out. Not because he wants to sell his product, but he's just a nice guy.
                              I still wish I have the space for table saw, but I can leave without it for now and continue using this EZ rail. and I hope my new toy, the RIKON 14" bandsaw will fill in something that I am missing from not having a table saw.

Comment

Working...
                              X