X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JHudson
    started a topic T. White & son sk

T. White & son sk

Good morning to all. Was hoping to tap into the collective intelligence regarding the SK slider made by T. white back in the day. Just looking for a bit of info: dates of manufacture, fit and finish compared to the PK, any cool pics etc. Digging around in cyberspace yields few results. Looks to be a nice saw but also pretty rare...

• JHudson
    replied
    Hi Ryan, no leads at this time. I was just wallowing through the battle of the sliders thread a while back and saw the SK in the top ten, or at least the first ten posted, and then started googling which turned up minimal info. What I did notice was the inconsistency of the design as evidenced by the few pictures I could find.

Leave a comment:

• danemp
    replied
    It does look as though the White is a two part casting on top. PK is one. Many machines evolved over the years, hand wheel positions changed from one on the side, one on the front to both on the front. If you have a lead on an SK, I hope it is complete because it would be next to impossible to get parts for it.

Leave a comment:

• JHudson
    replied
    Thanks guys for the info and photos. Interesting looking saw. By the images it looks like the extension supports for the sliding table carriage are bolted on...aren't these parts cast as part of the PKs main table? Also, it seems that each photo I look at there are noticeable differences as maybe changes to the design evolved? Looks a little less refined than Wadkin. I wouldn't kick it out of my shop though...

Leave a comment:

• J Vann
    replied
    Very nice Ryan. Once again White produced a nice looking machine. Unfortunately I'd say Wadkin outclassed them this time with the very similar looking PK.

Anyways, looking through my own archived photos, it turns out I do have a few of a White dimension saw - presumably the SK.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WhiteD1.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	248.9 KB
ID:	1228909

Name:	WhiteD2.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	187.9 KB
ID:	1228907Click image for larger version

Name:	WhiteD3.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	205.6 KB
ID:	1228908I have no idea where I copied these from.

Cheers, Vann.

Leave a comment:

• danemp
    replied
    I have archived a lot of photos of machinery but have very little on the SK

Name:	white sk slider 1 copy.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	229.5 KB
ID:	1228900

Name:	white sk slider 2 copy.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	223.5 KB
ID:	1228901

Name:	white sk slider 3 copy.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	1228902

Leave a comment:

• J Vann
    replied
    Scott & Sargent have a section on White machines - but no SK.

Some White machines look really... special (nice). Like the SO and ED. I'm not familiar with the SK.

Cheers, Vann.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X