General 100-5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General 100-5

Click image for larger version  Name:	General 100-5.jpg Views:	1 Size:	519.1 KB ID:	1237382 I've recently taken the single phase, 2 HP motor off my General 100-5 sander & re-installed the 2 HP, 3 phase motor which was factory. I have programmed & tested a 2.2 KW VFD to power the original motor & am very pleased with the results. By programming the VFD for a soft (delayed) start, I have eliminated the laboured start experienced with the single phase motor (it takes a lot of torque to get both the 16" disc & 6 x 60 belt in motion). Additionally, I can vary the speed which is a big bonus when working with different types of wood. The machine runs like a Swiss watch. This information may prove useful to the winner of the 1968 model auctioned at govdeals.ca (Sudbury).
    Last edited by barmac; 05-17-2019, 09:16 AM.
    ErikM and nnieman like this.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: General 100-5

I dunno Barry, maybe you can drop it off at my place and I can run some user tests with it LOL. Those are pretty rare these days. Lucky to find one at anything approaching a reasonable price.
    Erik

Canada's Island Paradise - Prince Edward Island

Proud member of the Wadkin Blockhead Club

Comment

Re: General 100-5

You will have to drop by my shop for a rest run, Erik. You are correct - it's rare to see one for sale. Mill Supply last sold one in 2010 & it retailed for $7900. I remember when Fundy Grinding had a list of people looking for a used one.

Comment

Working...
      X