Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rusty
    replied
    I can't apologize for not understanding the message. ????? My opinion is only worth what you paid for it though.

Leave a comment:

• beakie
    replied
    Originally posted by Rusty View Post
    Tom couldn't your first comment be true of any tool or machine? I definitely agree with the comment.

I've done some pretty decent work on my 6200 and my Unisaw too Tom but that does not IMHO mean either saw could not be bettered by some other saw. I love my 6200 but I have no illusions regarding it being a great saw. That sir is a myth! In fact, I can't think of any Beaver tool that is a sought after MUST HAVE!

Tom there are members here who won't buy a 100 dollar Beaver saw because it doesn't have a riving knife for gosh sakes, but they'll pay a 1000 dollars for some hunk of junk that is much less saw than my 6200. Objective? or Subjective?

BTW you can't blame your tools if you know how to use hand tools either.
    for sure it could, but I didn't make the statement it referred too.

as for blaming tools.
    I have owned, upgraded & used atleast 6 different table saws in the last 5yrs, always in search of the ONE that will make me a better craftsman. None of those, or any other tools I own have made me a better craftsman... but collecting them all sure has made me a "poorer" one.

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    Originally posted by beakie View Post

It may be true for you, but it's specific to you and, as you say, what you ask it to do.

Some of the finest pieces of furniture I've seen, here/online, were created by forum member Don Kondra using what I believe was a Beaver 6201.

That's not to say the ops saw is as formidable as a unisaw/cabinet saw, just that saying
    "none of the old Beaver saws in that configuration are great saws"
    is subjective, opposed to objective.

A poor craftsman blames his tools.
    Tom couldn't your first comment be true of any tool or machine? I definitely agree with the comment.

I've done some pretty decent work on my 6200 and my Unisaw too Tom but that does not IMHO mean either saw could not be bettered by some other saw. I love my 6200 but I have no illusions regarding it being a great saw. That sir is a myth! In fact, I can't think of any Beaver tool that is a sought after MUST HAVE!

Tom there are members here who won't buy a 100 dollar Beaver saw because it doesn't have a riving knife for gosh sakes, but they'll pay a 1000 dollars for some hunk of junk that is much less saw than my 6200. Objective? or Subjective?

BTW you can't blame your tools if you know how to use hand tools either.

Leave a comment:

• beakie
    replied
    Originally posted by Rusty View Post
    It is better but,,,,,,,,none of the old Beaver saws in that configuration are great saws. They are OK but that's where it ends. I know my comment won't be popular but at least it's true. I have a 6200 and it does everything I ask but I also have a Unisaw and the difference is like night and day. I would never ask the 6200 to do what the Unisaw will do.
    It may be true for you, but it's specific to you and, as you say, what you ask it to do.

Some of the finest pieces of furniture I've seen, here/online, were created by forum member Don Kondra using what I believe was a Beaver 6201.

That's not to say the ops saw is as formidable as a unisaw/cabinet saw, just that saying
    "none of the old Beaver saws in that configuration are great saws"
    is subjective, opposed to objective.

A poor craftsman blames his tools.

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    It is better but,,,,,,,,none of the old Beaver saws in that configuration are great saws. They are OK but that's where it ends. I know my comment won't be popular but at least it's true. I have a 6200 and it does everything I ask but I also have a Unisaw and the difference is like night and day. I would never ask the 6200 to do what the Unisaw will do.

Leave a comment:

• DavidR8
    replied
    Originally posted by Bobmezz View Post
    That's a Beaver 6200. 9" blade. Okay for a hobby shop but a bit light for anything commercial. Lots of info, manuals etc. On Vintage Machinery.
    Thanks Bob.
    Iím rehabbing a 6201 now so Iíll probably pass on the 6200 unless itís heavier/better than my 6201.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Bobmezz
    replied
    That's a Beaver 6200. 9" blade. Okay for a hobby shop but a bit light for anything commercial. Lots of info, manuals etc. On Vintage Machinery.

Leave a comment:

• DavidR8
    started a topic What model is this?

What model is this?

Itís near me and dirt cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Working...
X