Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockwell 28115

Hey guys! Long time reader, first time poster

i just baught a rockwell beaver 28115 band saw, With the crappy plastic wheels

My plan is to change all the bearings and do alot of cleaning and alighning... The main issue is where to find 10 inch bandsaw tires for this saw and what size blade does it take? Thank you!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191019_180812.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	3.56 MB
ID:	1255938

sorry iam not very good with the attatchments
    Attached Files
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Rockwell 28115

Oh and i need to make motor mounts and adjustments

The motors mounted to plywood right now its very un elegant

Comment

Scotia, you know what will be good for you right now, get red of it and get yourself a better on, it is one of the sheapest saw you can buy. Get yourself a better one. You won't be able to have any good ajustement with this machine. Even if you change the bearings like you say, it still going to be crappy, sorry. Good lock.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtimers View Post
        Scotia, you know what will be good for you right now, get red of it and get yourself a better on, it is one of the sheapest saw you can buy. Get yourself a better one. You won't be able to have any good ajustement with this machine. Even if you change the bearings like you say, it still going to be crappy, sorry. Good lock.
        i hear alot of that, But someones used them. Someone had to have used these bandsaws because they are everywhere

Comment

Actualy iam looking at it now the wheels do have rubber on them. in the pictures i posted it doesnt look like it

Comment

stevem

Comment

Scotia here is the place that has all the stuff you need, it is the go-to place for bandsaw parts and blades and advice.

https://www.tufftooth.com/wp-content...alogue2018.pdf

Looking at the pictures, I see a motor that sits in the open frame, it also is full of sawdust, not good, some sheeting on the frame would prevent (most of it) the sawdust problem and also look more “Elegant “, it will make the frame also sturdier.

The electrical does need improvement.

I use a 14” bandsaw and I would not go for a wider blade than ½” on your lightweight saw, a good ½” band will make that a saw pretty decent machine, it is a low cost machine and so do not expect to have it do what a quality saw is able to do.
              Last edited by Leo Van Der Loo; 10-20-2019, 01:31 PM.

Have fun and take care
              Leo Van Der Loo

Comment

sorry, i know nothing about that saw!!
                i realize that good old used stuff is hard to come by in nova scotia and therefore you have to make do, but i wouldnt put much money into it
                i "inherited" a ryobi 10 inch, it was a pos too!! any decent tension on the blade and wheels wouldnt run straight and thats the issue you will have.

keep your eyes open for a beaver 2300 or a henry craftmaster saw, both are 12 inch and 10 times the saw
                my shop is a beaver lodge
                steve, sarnia, ont

1940's Craftmaster Lathe

https://www.facebook.com/artistryinwoodca/

Comment

Thanks guys! appreciate the help

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Van Der Loo View Post
                    Scotia here is the place that has all the stuff you need, it is the go-to place for bandsaw parts and blades and advice.

https://www.tufftooth.com/wp-content...alogue2018.pdf

No 10” tires at R&D, probably best to get the blue Carter Urethane off Amazon. I have the same type on my 12” WT, AKA the phone table.

sigpicToday's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut, that held its ground.

Comment

Mark, R&D does have more than is on his website, he also has tire rubber to glue on, but yes maybe there’s something on the net that will work, though it looks like the OP’s wheels do still have tires on the wheels, quite possibly he does not need new tires.

Have fun and take care
                      Leo Van Der Loo

Comment

Yeah the rubbers fine for how much ill use it

iam a little shocked at its crappiness because i love my table saw soo much Click image for larger version

Name:	20191019_181214.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	2.90 MB
ID:	1256219

Comment

Think of your saw as a scroll saw rather than a bandsaw. With a 1/8 blade it will perform very well for outside contours.
                          Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Scotia View Post
                            Yeah the rubbers fine for how much ill use it

iam a little shocked at its crappiness because i love my table saw soo much Click image for larger version

Name:	20191019_181214.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	2.90 MB
ID:	1256219
                            thats from a totally different era!
                            i had an 8 inch drill press with beaver tags, it was a toy and a poor one at that compared to my 1940's beaver 3700
                            my shop is a beaver lodge
                            steve, sarnia, ont

1940's Craftmaster Lathe

https://www.facebook.com/artistryinwoodca/

Comment

ordered a blade from sawsalutions. i didnt look where they were from. Turns out they are 5 minuts from my house... paid 15 for shipping haha. Ohwell!

i put a 1/2 inch with 6 tpi and it resaws hardwood 8 inches thick. Just what i needed for my 10 inch lathe. it doesnt corner but will make blanks perfectly Click image for larger version

Name:	20191026_113718.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	2.46 MB
ID:	1256678Click image for larger version

Name:	20191026_112803.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	1256679

Comment

Working...
                              X