Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotia
    replied
    The frame does compress easily, its crap that ill run till it cant be run then ill buy another

Leave a comment:

• iamtooler
    replied
    All the tension you apply is load on the bushings in the plastic wheel. At least with a 10'' throat it is less likely to compress the frame than a 14''.

Leave a comment:

• Scotia
    replied
    Well iam not getting any smarter, i thaught it was 8 inches but the blade gaurds only open to 7

Leave a comment:

• Scotia
    replied
    Thanks! No doubt it doesnt cut corners at all... But its fine for me

And i cranked the tension on, nothings wobbling or warping and its cutting great

i will order your blade recomendations, i know it will corner alot better

i didnt have a bandsaw till now so its a 100% improvement for me

when i finish the motor mount i can post a video of the wheels and blade while its resawing 8 inch oak.

Leave a comment:

• stevem
    replied
    Originally posted by iamtooler View Post

Do you really think he can tension a 1/2'' blade sufficiently to rip 8'' thick on that plastic wheel machine?
    i have my doubts on that too. i would contact tuff tooth and ask them about a 1/4 blade maybe 3/8 at the most

Leave a comment:

• iamtooler
    replied
    Originally posted by Leo Van Der Loo View Post
    Scotia for sawing wet turning blanks, you would be better/best off with the ½” band and 3 teeth per inch, I many others use the “turners band” it has a bit wider set and works best with wet wood, just for your information, hope it will help when you do need it.
    Do you really think he can tension a 1/2'' blade sufficiently to rip 8'' thick on that plastic wheel machine?

Leave a comment:

• Leo Van Der Loo
    replied
    Scotia for sawing wet turning blanks, you would be better/best off with the ½” band and 3 teeth per inch, I many others use the “turners band” it has a bit wider set and works best with wet wood, just for your information, hope it will help when you do need it.

Leave a comment:

• Scotia
    replied
    Now for a good on/off switch and a motor mount

Leave a comment:

• Scotia
    replied
    ordered a blade from sawsalutions. i didnt look where they were from. Turns out they are 5 minuts from my house... paid 15 for shipping haha. Ohwell!

i put a 1/2 inch with 6 tpi and it resaws hardwood 8 inches thick. Just what i needed for my 10 inch lathe. it doesnt corner but will make blanks perfectly Click image for larger version

Name:	20191026_113718.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	2.46 MB
ID:	1256678Click image for larger version

Name:	20191026_112803.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	1256679

Leave a comment:

• stevem
    replied
    Originally posted by Scotia View Post
    Yeah the rubbers fine for how much ill use it

iam a little shocked at its crappiness because i love my table saw soo much Click image for larger version

Name:	20191019_181214.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	2.90 MB
ID:	1256219
    thats from a totally different era!
    i had an 8 inch drill press with beaver tags, it was a toy and a poor one at that compared to my 1940's beaver 3700

Leave a comment:

• iamtooler
    replied
    Think of your saw as a scroll saw rather than a bandsaw. With a 1/8 blade it will perform very well for outside contours.
    Rob

Leave a comment:

• Scotia
    replied
    Yeah the rubbers fine for how much ill use it

iam a little shocked at its crappiness because i love my table saw soo much Click image for larger version

Name:	20191019_181214.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	2.90 MB
ID:	1256219

Leave a comment:

• Leo Van Der Loo
    replied
    Mark, R&D does have more than is on his website, he also has tire rubber to glue on, but yes maybe there’s something on the net that will work, though it looks like the OP’s wheels do still have tires on the wheels, quite possibly he does not need new tires.

Leave a comment:

• Mark in Burlington
    replied
    Originally posted by Leo Van Der Loo View Post
    Scotia here is the place that has all the stuff you need, it is the go-to place for bandsaw parts and blades and advice.

https://www.tufftooth.com/wp-content...alogue2018.pdf

No 10” tires at R&D, probably best to get the blue Carter Urethane off Amazon. I have the same type on my 12” WT, AKA the phone table.

Leave a comment:

• Scotia
    replied
    Thanks guys! appreciate the help

Leave a comment:

Working...
X