Machine movers. Any recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine movers. Any recommendations?

Hi all. Thought I’d post this in Vintage because you folks might have more experience moving big metal around.
    Im in the process of buying 2 machines , a jointer/ planer combo and a saw/shaper combo.
    They’re both at the same location in the Ottawa area and I’ll need them loaded and shipped down to near Guelph.
    liftgate or forklift definitely required.
    anyone know of a freelancer or reasonably priced company to recommend?
    Thanks very much in advance
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Machine movers. Any recommendations?

"Who" can move them will depend on if the shipper and/or receiver can load/unload for the mover. If loading/unloading is not an issue, and the items are on pallets, then it's likely that almost any trucking company can do the hauling. If a hydraulic tailgate is required there is usually an extra charge.
    Nicholas likes this.

Comment

Yes, liftgate or forklift required.

Comment

Tow truck with flat bed will do because first they have a winch and second the platform tilt. They tilt the platform until it hit the ground then they pull the machine on it. Now price wise, it's another story because of the distance of the traveling wich might be a bit costly, it is something you have to thinck about and add to the price of the machine. another think to think also is, at this time of the year, the salt on the road, make sure you tarp the machine very well, because the salt on the road will damage their machine surfaces. The cost between the two point might be a few thousands dolards.
        Nicholas likes this.

Comment

Ryder rents trucks with lift gates. 1000km roundtrip and a couple days of rental would cost you around $500-600 + gas.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	162.8 KB ID:	1272897
          Nicholas likes this.

Comment

i have done the flat bed tow truck twice once for a stroke sander from niagara falls to hamilton around 200
            and niagara falls to welland 90.00 for a planer ans radial saw.
            Nicholas likes this.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

I would put it on USHIP. You in a heavily travelled corridor. It would really help if you could have it on a pallet prior to shipping. Most truckers that have a lift gate usually have a pallet jack in their truck.

Brian
              Nicholas likes this.
              If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

Many thanks. I’ll explore those options. Very helpful! Appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                X