Rockwell/Beaver table saw & motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockwell/Beaver table saw & motor

I inherited a Rockwell/Beaver table saw from my father who was a contractor in the 70-90s. It has a Canadian General Electric AC motor model # J89FB5 HR 1 PH 1 V 110/220 RPM 3450 A 1:2/6 75 C CONT 130 C INSUL. MD that I need to replace. I am also looking for the instruction manual for this table-saw. It was make in Peterborough Ontario. It served him well for many years and I would like to set it up and use it. His construction tools are what I have of his that mean a lot to me. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Rockwell/Beaver table saw & motor

Take a look at OWWM, they haved a lot of info on tools, pretty sure you will find your table saw in there
    Jacques

Comment

What model number is your saw? If you Google the model number and manual you should be able to find it possibly at OWWM as Jacques suggests. Not sure you will need the manual in order to find a replacement motor assuming it is a belt drive saw.

Comment

Your saw looks like a model 6201. I have a motor that came off one of those that I have no use for however it is only 3/4 hp. Click image for larger version

Name:	DC62B45D-E34D-40C2-847C-16354D4DC6EB.jpeg
Views:	171
Size:	3.30 MB
ID:	1272742

Comment

That looks like the nine inch saw? Mine had 3/4 hp 3450 motor, could have had twice that,
          Rob

Comment

The saws did not come with a motor from the manufacturer, it was the purchaser or dealer that installed a motor.

Any motor that fits the bracket can be used, with whatever HP that is needed.

Have fun and take care
            Leo Van Der Loo

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

My Dad owned one of those 9” saws. Same 3/4hp it was good for softwood but really underpowered for anything else.
              sigpicToday's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut, that held its ground.

Comment

those old ge motors are pretty tough, what's wrong with it?
                if it wont start but sits and hums, give the pulley a quick pull. chances are pretty good the centrifugal sewitch is plugged with sawdust or the capacitor is kaput
                my shop is a beaver lodge
                steve, sarnia, ont

1940's Craftmaster Lathe

https://www.facebook.com/artistryinwoodca/

Comment

Thanks you all for your help. I will look at OWWM. As for the model #, I looked everywhere on it and couldn't find it unless it's underneath somewhere. Thanks again everyone. CM

Comment

Working...
                  X