Isn't It Sad - warning: may contain Wadkin-like toys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isn't It Sad - warning: may contain Wadkin-like toys

Isn't it sad when the name of a (formerly) great company like Wadkin is reduced to badge engineering on medium range toys.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Grinder1.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	1275169

Name:	Grinder2.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	804.7 KB
ID:	1275171

Name:	Router1.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	260.2 KB
ID:	1275170

Name:	Router2.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	576.2 KB
ID:	1275172

These machines look to be maybe a step up from XU-2 and PowerForce throw-away tools, but certainly not top of the range stuff.

Cheers, Vann.
    Proud member of the Wadkin Blockhead Club.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Isn't It Sad - warning: may contain Wadkin-like toys

Sign of the times.... DeWalt...reduced to wasp yellow throw away toys. Rigid.... now a trade mark for home depot...Porter Cable..now a Lowes badge for chinese imports. Would rather spend months rebuilding a creature from the 1930s or 1950s then to bend over to the name games of modern corporate america... or now rhe new corporate world order. Lo g live my PK!! And my brown and sharpes.
    J Vann likes this.

Comment

I see the label says "Made in Japan". I wonder what company is making them? They have an older Makita flavour about them. Guess it is easier to ride the coattails of an old company rather than build a name and reputation from scratch.

Comment

One of my pet peeves with the modern world. Companies buy the big brand names to pedal crap to a generation of people who have no idea what quality is.

Comment

Working...
        X