Beaver 3100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaver 3100

Can someone tell me if this is the Model 3100, I have the 3100, looks the same but I guess this one has the little air blowing sys Click image for larger version

Name:	scie a chantourner 2.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	1286006 tem gone????
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Beaver 3100

Hi Jacques, I believe that all of the 3100's have a 24" throat. Steve Morris may know more, but my understanding is that the other models (2100 and 1100) were 18". So, if the throat is 24" you have a 3100.

Comment

Its an older 3100, due to the style of the blade tensioner. The air system is inside if the gear box, should only be missing the blower tip from what I can see in the picture.

Comment

Thank you very much for the info, I am going to see the saw friday, it is not for me since I already have one but for a friend.
        Jacques

Comment

Hello, went and picked up the saw this afternoon, yess it is a 3100, but the head is different for some reason, can somebody explain why??
          Merci
          Jacques Click image for larger version

Name:	scie a chantourner Martin 3.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	1286500 Click image for larger version

Name:	scie a chantourner Martin 2.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	2.49 MB
ID:	1286499 Click image for larger version

Name:	scie a chantourner Martin 1.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	2.87 MB
ID:	1286498 Click image for larger version

Name:	scie a chantourner Martin.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	2.63 MB
ID:	1286497

Comment

The one you just picked up was simply the first design of the 3100. After a few years they redesigned the head, I've never seen the older version in person but from what I've read the newer version is easier and quicker to adjust. So really the reason would be just an improvement in the design over the years.

Almost all of the Beaver machines have had slight variations over the years. Some would be for improvements, while other changes would've been for manufacturing reasons. I think I've seen 3 different versions of the 3300 BS main casting, a few differences between many 3400 lathes, while some models like the 3900 sander I don't believe ever changed.

I wish I could find someone who once worked for the Callander foundry just to ask a bunch of questions. But that was quite some time ago, so even if any are still around I wonder if they would remember haha.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Originally posted by Beaverfever1988 View Post
              The one you just picked up was simply the first design of the 3100. After a few years they redesigned the head, I've never seen the older version in person but from what I've read the newer version is easier and quicker to adjust. So really the reason would be just an improvement in the design over the years.

Almost all of the Beaver machines have had slight variations over the years. Some would be for improvements, while other changes would've been for manufacturing reasons. I think I've seen 3 different versions of the 3300 BS main casting, a few differences between many 3400 lathes, while some models like the 3900 sander I don't believe ever changed.

I wish I could find someone who once worked for the Callander foundry just to ask a bunch of questions. But that was quite some time ago, so even if any are still around I wonder if they would remember haha.
              Thank you very much Jason and yes it makes sense.
              Have a nice evening
              Jacques
              Beaverfever1988 likes this.

Comment

Working...
              X