Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emchdev
    replied
    Glad to see something worked. I have used PBS blaster when I had to but the best stuff for this by far KROIL. Its had to get but damm does it work. It's my go to for rust bucket restorations.

Leave a comment:

• sophien
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	0D54FA9C-846F-4DD2-9DF3-B8980C0E79CC.jpeg
Views:	76
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	1292117 Click image for larger version

Name:	BCB25ADC-D999-4CAC-B15D-A2D4F3ACEE1B.jpeg
Views:	67
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	1292118

Yippee!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Egon
    replied
    Double nut & impact wrench.

Leave a comment:

• sophien
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KeithF
    replied
    I ended up using a pipe wrench on the smooth part of the stud. Any marks can be filed smooth as the smooth section acts as a spacer

Leave a comment:

• billh
    replied
    Be careful heating cast-iron - a big temperature gradient can cause cracks so do it evenly and gradually if trying.
    Apparently best loosening oil (YMMV) is a 50-50 mixture of acetone and automatic transmission fluid. Acetone can remove paint though. Did you get the PB Blaster on the threaded area the best you can?
    billh

Leave a comment:

• tool fan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stevem
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sophien
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mikethomas
    replied
    I assume you are double nutting them and using and impact to try to get them off?

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Sawdust 2019
    replied
    I would say no to cold water. Heat it up with your torch, and try to move them when they are good and hot.

Leave a comment:

• sophien
    started a topic Help needed: seized wheel guard studs

Help needed: seized wheel guard studs

Click image for larger version  Name:	AB37EBD9-5DF7-432D-83FD-7496E91F64F2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	599.3 KB ID:	1292072 Click image for larger version  Name:	B5791762-B86C-47C8-99BD-9A6A1D224B0F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	684.8 KB ID:	1292073

PS: before you ask, the answer is NO, Gustav has not been helpful at all. He just lies there mocking me.
    Last edited by sophien; 07-31-2020, 11:24 AM.
Working...
X