Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T Robinson and son 1950 spindle moulder NC/T

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • T Robinson and son 1950 spindle moulder NC/T

    Starting a new thread on the robinson as the old one is the place to go to see how Joe calhoun does shaper work , the guy is the best in the world and has solved all of your problems for you . go check it out he’s awesome. Should you like to continue to see what I’m doing with this English spindle please participate in this thread. Thanks for your support guys. And if you’d like to show people what you do by all means click the new thread button and have at it 👍
    everyone knows real machines are 3 phase. Founding member of the Wadkin blockhead club

    jack
    English machines

    http://www.youtube.com/user/tool613
  • Thread Continues Below...

  • #2

    Re: T Robinson and son 1950 spindle moulder NC/T

    A simple way to bring back otherwise warn out power feeder wheels is to refresh them on the lathe
    everyone knows real machines are 3 phase. Founding member of the Wadkin blockhead club

    jack
    English machines

    http://www.youtube.com/user/tool613

    Comment


    • #3

      Re: T Robinson and son 1950 spindle moulder NC/T

      Tramming the spindle
      hennebury likes this.
      everyone knows real machines are 3 phase. Founding member of the Wadkin blockhead club

      jack
      English machines

      http://www.youtube.com/user/tool613

      Comment


      • #4

        Re: T Robinson and son 1950 spindle moulder NC/T

        For those that don’t follow me on Instagram under Jack English machines here is a look at the interior guts and the work performed.
        hennebury likes this.
        everyone knows real machines are 3 phase. Founding member of the Wadkin blockhead club

        jack
        English machines

        http://www.youtube.com/user/tool613

        Comment


        • #5

          Re: T Robinson and son 1950 spindle moulder NC/T

          This is a look at the work performed on the Festo power feeder .
          everyone knows real machines are 3 phase. Founding member of the Wadkin blockhead club

          jack
          English machines

          http://www.youtube.com/user/tool613

          Comment


          • #6

            Re: T Robinson and son 1950 spindle moulder NC/T

            1950s English switchgear
            everyone knows real machines are 3 phase. Founding member of the Wadkin blockhead club

            jack
            English machines

            http://www.youtube.com/user/tool613

            Comment

            • Thread Continues Below...

            • #7

              Re: T Robinson and son 1950 spindle moulder NC/T

              Click image for larger version

Name:	91F8FC3B-FCE0-4F18-876A-59975253A4D3.jpeg
Views:	206
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	1298361
              everyone knows real machines are 3 phase. Founding member of the Wadkin blockhead club

              jack
              English machines

              http://www.youtube.com/user/tool613

              Comment


              • #8

                Re: T Robinson and son 1950 spindle moulder NC/T

                Originally posted by jgarrett forsberg View Post
                Starting a new thread on the robinson as the old one is the place to go to see how Joe calhoun does shaper work , the guy is the best in the world and has solved all of your problems for you . go check it out he’s awesome. Should you like to continue to see what I’m doing with this English spindle please participate in this thread. Thanks for your support guys. And if you’d like to show people what you do by all means click the new thread button and have at it 👍
                Sorry to offend Jack. I deleted my post of fence improvements and won’t bother you anymore.
                joe

                Comment


                • #9

                  Re: T Robinson and son 1950 spindle moulder NC/T

                  What can I say but "amazing", Jack. This has to be the nicest spindle molder I've ever seen. Congrats.
                  jgarrett forsberg likes this.
                  All the best,

                  Marty

                  - Instagram: @apexwoodworks
                  - facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Apex-Woodwo...0243458908979/

                  Secretary of Kingston Wood Artisans Inc. https://kwoodartca.wordpress.com/

                  Master Mistake Fixer (because I've made them all... at least once)

                  Comment


                  • #10

                    Re: T Robinson and son 1950 spindle moulder NC/T

                    Originally posted by MartyFromKingston View Post
                    What can I say but "amazing", Jack. This has to be the nicest spindle molder I've ever seen. Congrats.
                    Thanks for following on Instagram as well Marty I appreciate your comments. It’s taking about four years to source parts which is honestly the most difficult part of trying to make these machines complete
                    everyone knows real machines are 3 phase. Founding member of the Wadkin blockhead club

                    jack
                    English machines

                    http://www.youtube.com/user/tool613

                    Comment


                    • #11

                      Re: T Robinson and son 1950 spindle moulder NC/T

                      Its official... my better half hates you. Love the work you did on the festo feeder. I am copying what you did when I get to my festo. What is the paint you used to paint this thing? Your shaper work is beautiful and the insight you used even better. You have gi en me some excellent ideas.
                      jgarrett forsberg likes this.

                      Comment

                      • Thread Continues Below...

                      • #12

                        Re: T Robinson and son 1950 spindle moulder NC/T

                        Love what you did with the brass strain relief. Was wondering how I will deal with this issue on my pk. Thanks for solving this problem. The shaper is running like a kitten. Your tracking and tension is awesome. I am wiping the drool off both sides of my mouth. And that coin.....well what can you say....
                        jgarrett forsberg likes this.

                        Comment


                        • #13

                          Re: T Robinson and son 1950 spindle moulder NC/T

                          Originally posted by emchdev View Post
                          Its official... my better half hates you. Love the work you did on the festo feeder. I am copying what you did when I get to my festo. What is the paint you used to paint this thing? Your shaper work is beautiful and the insight you used even better. You have gi en me some excellent ideas.
                          It’s PPG Direct to metal so that you don’t see primer at the tape off.

                          https://www.ppgpaints.com/products/i...ustrial-enamel

                          It’s basically a high solids alkyd high gloss in this case with a Hardner. First time I’ve gone high gloss I generally only go satin but I don’t know if I’d use this particular brand again. about $110 a gallon.

                          Can’t help you out with your marital problems but it should do wonders for your machines.
                          everyone knows real machines are 3 phase. Founding member of the Wadkin blockhead club

                          jack
                          English machines

                          http://www.youtube.com/user/tool613

                          Comment


                          • #14

                            Re: T Robinson and son 1950 spindle moulder NC/T

                            Originally posted by emchdev View Post
                            Love what you did with the brass strain relief. Was wondering how I will deal with this issue on my pk. Thanks for solving this problem. The shaper is running like a kitten. Your tracking and tension is awesome. I am wiping the drool off both sides of my mouth. And that coin.....well what can you say....
                            Head over to the plumbing section in the big box stores and go through their pipe threaded fittings. You can often find brass machined parts that will tap into the British standard pipe thread. The biggest problem with electrical is the BSW with the English kit. The little standoffs there are two support pecks lines for in floor heating and they’re about 3 to 4 dollars each.
                            everyone knows real machines are 3 phase. Founding member of the Wadkin blockhead club

                            jack
                            English machines

                            http://www.youtube.com/user/tool613

                            Comment


                            • #15

                              Re: T Robinson and son 1950 spindle moulder NC/T

                              Paint is a problem. We just got hit by more VOC restrictions and POLANE guys are a pain in the rear as they dont want to mix wadkin colors. I like the high gloss as it makes your kit look like a shiny bobble. But its practical too. I find the high gloss finish makes blowing sawdust off the machine very easy. The dust does not like to hang out on shiny hard surfaces.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X