• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerry in Belle River
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyFromKingston View Post
    Interesting radial arm saw, a model I'd never heard of before
    The design was originally made by a company called Redstar starting in 1936. They were bought out by Rockwell in1948 and as far as I know were maufactured until the late 1950's. I think it was a beautiful design and I would love to get my hands on an A30 (10 inch) or 40 (12 inch).

Leave a comment:

• MartyFromKingston
    replied
    Interesting radial arm saw, a model I'd never heard of before, Gerry. Beautiful restoration!
    Last edited by MartyFromKingston; 11-20-2020, 06:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Egon
    replied
    Really nice restoration.

Leave a comment:

• Jim near the Tay
    replied
    Great job Gerry. I’m sure that it will be snapped up quickly!

Jim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Gerry in Belle River
    replied
    Sophie: Yes, my trusty 1935 Delta 24"

Leave a comment:

• sophien
    replied
    What a treat. Did you use a jigsaw for the Lexan blade guards?

Leave a comment:

• Gerry in Belle River
    replied
    [QUOTE=KenL;n1304292 is it going to be for sale????

Ken[/QUOTE]

Yes, I will probably be posting it in the Swap Meet .

Leave a comment:

• KenL
    replied
    Very nice restoration; is it going to be for sale????

Ken

Leave a comment:

• Frank English
    replied
    Great save and super restoration.

Leave a comment:

• beachburl
    replied
    Verrrry Nice.

Leave a comment:

• Gerry in Belle River
    started a topic Tool rescue- Delta Multiplex 20A

Tool rescue- Delta Multiplex 20A

For those of you who never venture over to the OWWM site I am reposting this here

Every once in a while I come across a tool that seems to need to be rescued. I say rescued as they are tools I would not likely keep but I would be sad to see them go to the scrap dealer. This situation seems to be more frequent as my shop fills up.

Such was the case about 18 months ago when I spotted this delta Multiplex 20a in an on line ad. The ad had one blurry picture but I knew what it was. When I went to look at it I found it covered with pitch, sawdust and dirt so thick it was almost black. Being a brave soul; or maybe just foolish I flicked the switch and away it ran. The few pictures I took of it's condition unfortunity disappeared from my camera.

Having seen the beauty owned by Joe Otocka (OWWM member) I knew this saw had a lot of potential.

Any way fast forward to this summer and I finally got this one in the que. First I reburbished the saw. It really only need and good cleaning and repaint. Opened the motor and cleaned it all out and changed the bearings. As it had no stand I made a replica from hardwood and MDF. Made a new table along with a sacrficial table as I like to do for a RAS. Also made a new antikickback device and a crank for raising the saw. Last but not least I made some lower blade guards out of 1/4" Lexan.

Turned out pretty good I think. Not as good as Joe's but none the less it is a sweet saw.

But alas it is a rescue and my 1HP Delta 900 does not have to worry about being replaced

Working...
X