Trash or treasure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trash or treasure?

I am reselling a Delta Homecraft TS that came equipped with a Delta 3/4 HP 3450rpm motor. It needs a new cord, but it runs. Neighbour (mechanic) laid his hands on it while it was running and says bearings need to be replaced. I have other vintage Delta machines so I am weary of letting go of it (you never know when you might need another motor). Someone please tell me, is this motor worth keeping? I have another motor for the TS so if I keep the Delta motor, it’s just a question of swapping the pulleys.

Thoughts?

sophie

Click image for larger version  Name:	45D69EC0-67AC-430E-9086-FC6A78529749.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.33 MB ID:	1305108
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Trash or treasure?

It never hurts to have a spare motor on hand, for the little space it takes. A 3450 rpm motor isn't usually as useful as a 1725 but if you already have it...
    sophien likes this.
    Happiness is a new blade!

Comment

it has a shaft on both ends. most motors don't
      that means it can be used in more ways.
      you probably won't retire early on what its worth
      sophien likes this.
      “The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” -Bertrand Russell

Comment

Sophie: I would hang on to that motor.

What are you doing with the rest of the saw, I have a 34-600 that needs some parts. If you are selling the saw or parting it out send me a PM.

Thanks
        Gerry

Comment

Like the others say ... it's small and easy to store, not worth much to sell and versatile with it's reversible windings and double ended shaft. If you have a rathole for it, put it in there.
          sophien likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerry in Belle River View Post
            Sophie: I would hang on to that motor.

What are you doing with the rest of the saw, I have a 34-600 that needs some parts. If you are selling the saw or parting it out send me a PM.

Thanks
            Gerry
            PM sent.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...
            Working...
            X