General 130 Single Surface Palner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General 130 Single Surface Palner

Anybody know a place where I may order parts for my vintage General 130 Single Surface Planer?
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: General 130 Single Surface Palner

There is no source for parts for general tools.
    However many of the parts are commonly stocked by machine shops / bearing supply shops.

What parts do you need?

Nathan

Comment

I am looking for all or most of the "adjusters" tension springs.

Comment

As Nathan said no new parts are available, but bearings, belts , knives , pulleys, nuts and bolts and even handles are pretty easy to find.
        • “The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.”Winston Churchill

Comment

Lane, one think for shure, you won't find that at your corner store where you live, but you can try to get in touch with Ford Machinery in Toronto or Viel Tools in Riviere du Loup Quebec, both of them deal in new and used machinerys. I know by fact that Viel is rebuilding old machinerys from the ground up and sometime have to make their own parts in their shop. So I think it worth the try to get in touch with them, the person to talk to at Viel is Louis René. Good luck in your chase. Is it possible for you to show us a picture of the part nedeed please.

Comment

Working...
          X