A few tablesaw upgrades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few tablesaw upgrades

Just a few little upgrades; a 1hp TEFC Baldor and switch, new belt, zc insert, bulked up the fence, and made a crosscut sled. I plan to pick up a new blade and some blade stiffeners as well. DSCF2175 (1024x768).jpgDSCF2145 (1024x768).jpgDSCF2146 (1024x768).jpgDSCF2178 (1024x768).jpgDSCF2177 (1024x768).jpg DSCF2172 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF2174 (1024x768).jpg I actually grabbed the baldor and switch (The buttons are HUGE!....sarcasm) from a 6201 that I picked up last week for free. I plan on the cleaning up the 6201 and flipping with the old 1/2hp that was on my saw.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TheYoungTurner; 05-20-2012, 04:21 AM.
    "To become an able and successful man in any profession, three things are necessary, nature, study and practice."Henry Ward Beecher

Re: A few tablesaw upgrades

nice looking old 1200!! and probably the worlds most powerfull 1200 as well

im guessing you dont plan to tilt the blade very often, the little arm that moves the motor over will break trying to move that monster
    my shop is a beaver lodge
    steve, sarnia, ont

sigpic

1940's Beaver Jointer

Comment

Nice upgrades Gavin.

Do you have a splitter and guard for it?

Regards, Rod.
      Work is the curse of the riding class.

Comment

Thanks Steve! I would'nt be suprised if it was . I test cut it on a piece of 6/4 oak and 8/4 beech and it didnt even stutter, I just burst out laughing haha its a beast.
        I rarely tilt the blade. When I do, I just reach around and lift up the motor and tilt it (all you cabinet/sliding/euro saw guys probably get a good chuckle at that ).
        I would like to find a good deal on a 3200 eventually, they seem like a nicer saw.

Rod, guards are for babies!.......Hahaha joking . Unfortunaly I don't, usually the first thing people do with these old guys is rip all the guards off.
        Last edited by TheYoungTurner; 05-21-2012, 04:41 PM.
        "To become an able and successful man in any profession, three things are necessary, nature, study and practice."Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

Gavin,

Here's a long running thread on table saw guards.

http://forum.canadianwoodworking.com...light=guard%3F

good luck

michael

Comment

Working...
          X