X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pigmented lacquer

Where can I buy this in Niagara region.

__________________________________________________ ____
    My favourite police officer is my daughter.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Pigmented lacquer

Are you looking for solvent or waterbased?
    I used to buy Becker Acroma pigmented lacquer (solvent and waterbased) from Royal City Paints, 263 Barton St in Stoney Creek.
    Of course Becker is now part of Sherwin Williams but I understand they still market some of the BA products. Might be worth a call (905) 664-6676 as there will be a much wider product selection across the SW line. Can't remember if you need an account or not.
    Paul

Comment

I really like SW Kem Aqua plus pigmented Lacquer. I purchase mine at SW on Main west in Hamilton for $42 per gallon. They also colour match perfect

Comment

I'm sure a Sherwin Williams store in St Catharines would help you out

Comment

I found a local supplier but he wouldn't sell it to me because I was not "a business". Have any of you run into this and am I likely to get the same response for SW?

__________________________________________________ ____
          My favourite police officer is my daughter.

Comment

A lot of retailers are like that when it comes to products that are normally sprayed for commercial applications. My supplier has the same policy. Didn't realize this until I sent a couple of friends there.

Brian
            If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Originally posted by Brian @ Muir View Post
              A lot of retailers are like that when it comes to products that are normally sprayed for commercial applications. My supplier has the same policy. Didn't realize this until I sent a couple of friends there.

Brian
              Same things happened to me. A lot of suppliers are reticent to sell solvent based lacquer to regular home owner because of the hazards that comes with using it. While installing kitchens in Victoria, I was going to spray a old dinning room set for a friend. I sent her to pick up the lacquer at Sherwin Williams. She told me that that the clerk went to talk to the manager, they looked at her and he came back saying they didn't have any. I immediately went back to the store, ask a clerk for one gallon slightly tinted cream and got it right away. I guess my working clothes made me look more "professional" then a housewife in sandals...
              Last edited by eilliac; 05-26-2018, 11:17 AM.
              Chris
              I only excel at fixing my my goof ups

Comment

Working...
              X