Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercial spray finish companies in Edmonton- restuarant table tops

Howdy,

Does any forumite know of a professional, commercial spray finish company in Edmonton that can spray a satin finish two component clear on table tops?

I'm not having much luck with Google but will keep trying.

After speaking with a few suppliers ( Bellare were as helpful as they could be. Jeff at Wood Essence was great.)

Based on information I received General water based Enduro -Var is the best product I'm able to supply.

I'm concerned it may not be durable enough ( or as durable as an oil based product) over time to stand up to regular, heavy duty wear and tear of a restaurant.

Thanx in advance.

Stan
    Last edited by stotto; 11-04-2019, 04:25 PM.
    http://www.woodmonkey.ca
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Commercial spray finish companies in Edmonton- restuarant table tops

Cant help on your question, but I remember years ago being in a restaurant in BC and looking at the tables.
    Turns out it was a fiberglass resin used for the tables and it was quite nice and durable.

https://www.googleadservices.com/pag...tid%3D10252592
    • “The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.”Winston Churchill

Comment

Stan, I can't help with names of any commercial finishers in Edmonton, but can offer the suggestion that you contact the distributors for commercial finishes as they will know what their clients do and should be happy to pass on a name or two.
      ML Campbell, Chemcraft, and Sherwin Williams (Commercial not the local paint store) are some big names to start with.

Hope that helps
      Paul

Comment

Stan,
        Maybe someone in the high end auto refinishing industry would be a place to start.

Don

Comment

High end auto finishers are probably not going to want to touch that stuff for fear of contamination concerns. They can be quite particular about not crossing paint systems.

I used to get work like this referred to me from my finish suppliers, Sherwin Williams. Why not call your local industrial branch and ask for some shop recommendations. After all, they know who they’re supplying their products to, which means less running around for you trying to find a shop.
          VIDEOS: www.youtube.com/AWoodworkersLife

Comment

I can’t help with finding a sprayer, but I can tell you that enduro-var is pretty tough stuff. I’ve been using it for railings and the occasional stair tread/flooring piece when I couldn’t get something factory finished. Never had a call back. It’s not compatible with a lot of finishes though—including any seal coats.
            tim

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Originally posted by Stephan in BC View Post
              High end auto finishers are probably not going to want to touch that stuff for fear of contamination concerns. They can be quite particular about not crossing paint systems.

I used to get work like this referred to me from my finish suppliers, Sherwin Williams. Why not call your local industrial branch and ask for some shop recommendations. After all, they know who they’re supplying their products to, which means less running around for you trying to find a shop.
              I was thinking the high end auto guys might know of some one who does this work for wood pieces, not actually doing the work. Networking.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Burch View Post
                Stan,
                Maybe someone in the high end auto refinishing industry would be a place to start.

Don
                Also, the big cabinets shops.
                Don

Comment

Working...
                X