Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sealing/staining rough cut wood

Hi there!

I am looking for some advice on sealing or staining a rough cut timber horse shelter that we are converting into a cookshack. I think staining it would not be a good idea as it is really rough wood and I suspect it would turn out all blotchy. Is there a clear sealer I could use for this type of structure? I have stained small projects before but nothing of this size and type of wood. I really love the look of tung oil but it is way too expensive!

I would greatly appreciate any advice!   Thank you!

Kerri

Attached Files
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Sealing/staining rough cut wood

Originally posted by Lawchik View Post
    Hi there!

I am looking for some advice on sealing or staining a rough cut timber horse shelter that we are converting into a cookshack. I think staining it would not be a good idea as it is really rough wood and I suspect it would turn out all blotchy. Is there a clear sealer I could use for this type of structure? I have stained small projects before but nothing of this size and type of wood. I really love the look of tung oil but it is way too expensive!

I would greatly appreciate any advice!   Thank you!

Kerri

Deck and/or fence stain...likely will alter the colour but that’s probably the least expensive and best protection.

Comment

Spray it with above
      Jerome
      Canada's South Coast

Port Colborne On.
      Every loaf of bread is a tragic tale of grains that could've become whiskey.......but didn't....

Comment

Thanks for this! I read on here that Sansin is a good product so I'll check that out in more detail.
        Frank D. likes this.

Comment

I have had excellent result with Sikkens  products on fences, both cedar and spruce.  BW
          Dean and dwoody like this.

Comment

Working...
          X