Oil Stain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Stain

Hi, i am having trouble finding a quality oil stain. I want a stain only product that doesn’t have a varnish, oil not water based, OSMO doesn’t have an ideal colour, I could use minwax, but it’s not exactly the best quality so I am
    hoping you guys can suggest Some more high end oil stain products that I can check out their colours.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Oil Stain

Goudey or old century
    Mark
    www.masterfinishing.ca

Comment

I have no suggestions regarding a brand of stain, but I'll mention that I've had great luck mixing multiple colours from the same brand to get a colour I want.

Comment

Originally posted by Morningwood_01 View Post
        . I want a stain only product that doesn’t have a varnish, oil not water based, OSMO doesn’t have an ideal colour.
        Just so I understand your request, are you looking for a traditional oil based stain (that will need to be topcoated) or a tinted oil that doesn't need topcoating (you mention Osmo)?

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Paul O in Paris View Post

Just so I understand your request, are you looking for a traditional oil based stain (that will need to be topcoated) or a tinted oil that doesn't need topcoating (you mention Osmo)?

Paul
          looking for a traditional oil based stain that will need to be topcoated

I will be top coating with osmo polyx. Osmo does make stain that needs top coating, which would be ideal to stay with one manufacturer but their colour selection is pretty limited. So I want a good quality oil stain to go under the polyx

thanks to all who have replied.

Comment

Originally posted by Morningwood_01 View Post

looking for a traditional oil based stain that will need to be topcoated
            In that case, I would second Mark's recommendations (I have been using Goudey's stains for a long time and they never disappoint)

Paul

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...
            Working...
            X