micro mesh sanding pads-Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• micro mesh sanding pads-Help

Bought a package from a company (R) in USA on way home this summer. Opened today assuming that there would be some description re grit vs colour inside folded down cardboard tab...mine were 1500 up. No such table.
    could not find info when googled.

Would some tell me or direct me to a site?
    Jim in Halifax
    Don't do anything that you're not prepared to explain to a paramedic
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: micro mesh sanding pads-Help

Originally posted by jim in Halifax View Post
    Bought a package from a company (R) in USA on way home this summer. Opened today assuming that there would be some description re grit vs colour inside folded down cardboard tab...mine were 1500 up. No such table.
    could not find info when googled.

Would some tell me or direct me to a site?
    Jim in Halifax
    Hi Jim; Is this clear enough to read?
    http://www.penblanks.ca/index.php?ta...roduct_id=3019

Bill & Lilian are at the Wood Show in Ottawa for 3 days or you could call and ask them the colours/grits. I hope you can read the att'ment.
    Last edited by Mack C. in Brooklin ON; 11-27-2008, 01:35 PM.
    Mack C. in Brooklin ON
    It feels really great to sell a pen;
    It feels even greater to give one to a friend!

If your presence doesn't make an impact,
    Your absence won't make a difference!

I am a proud supporter of
    "Pens for Canadian Peacekeepers"!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/One-o...95203433854962

Comment

I'm not sure what you're asking but MM is measured in grades not grit. (I don't know the dif this is all I know).

Anyway as far as I understand 1500 grade = about 500 grit.
      bob
      http://gloakproductions.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by bohdon View Post
        I'm not sure what you're asking but MM is measured in grades not grit. (I don't know the dif this is all I know).

Anyway as far as I understand 1500 grade = about 500 grit.
        Hi Bob; The pads are colour-coded by grade/grit. His problem is he does not know the colour code and the pads aren't marked on the reverse like the micro mesh sheets are.

Long time no see or hear from. Are you still turning writing sticks?
        Mack C. in Brooklin ON
        It feels really great to sell a pen;
        It feels even greater to give one to a friend!

If your presence doesn't make an impact,
        Your absence won't make a difference!

I am a proud supporter of
        "Pens for Canadian Peacekeepers"!
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/One-o...95203433854962

Comment

Originally posted by Mack C. in Brooklin ON View Post
          Hi Bob; The pads are colour-coded by grade/grit. His problem is he does not know the colour code and the pads aren't marked on the reverse like the micro mesh sheets are.
          Hi Mack, I see now what you...errr Jim meant. I'm sure I've seen a large chart somewhere. I guess I just assumed that the different grades were written on the back like the regular stuff.

Long time no see or hear from. Are you still turning writing sticks?
          Ya I don't do any woodwork in the summer, also I don't check the forums very often in summer.
          But yes I've done a couple of writing sticks lately, got some other small projects on the go as well. You know how that goes so much to do so little time.

It's good to see that you're still at it, and doing some wonderful stuff too I've stopped by penturners paradise recently & checked your work. Darn you did a great job on the CA finish on the one I checked this morning.
          bob
          http://gloakproductions.ca/

Comment

Just wondering Jim, Was there a brand name or manufacturer on the package? If not, I bet you bought repackaged pads from bulk purchasing. Common practice with some WWing fellows. Still he should have provided a color scheme.

Mack's link should help you (If the manufacturer used the same color code) But from observation, even with this chart the colors don't seem to match very well...
            Attached Files
            Bill "Hickory" Simpson

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

If your pads are the grey ones from Rockler then:

http://www.rockler.com/gallery.cfm?O...Select=Details

will show you the grits.

Its basically darkest grey (1500) to lightest (12000) in ascending order.

Comment

Originally posted by Mack C. in Brooklin ON View Post
                Hi Jim; Is this clear enough to read?
                http://www.penblanks.ca/index.php?ta...roduct_id=3019

Bill & Lilian are at the Wood Show in Ottawa for 3 days or you could call and ask them the colours/grits. I hope you can read the att'ment.
                Ordered a set from Bill ...hope they are marked better!!!

First time back on this site since Thursday..Had two daughters home Fri - Mon from CB and Ottawa to have an early Christmas with mom,dad and brother here in Halifax...Stockings turkey dinner etc..Have not been on forum!!! Many thanks for everyone's help..Will follow up more closely tomorrow...Had a really busy weekend and did not intentially ignore anyone's help. My apologies if I offended anyone!! J

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Simpson View Post
                  Just wondering Jim, Was there a brand name or manufacturer on the package? If not, I bet you bought repackaged pads from bulk purchasing. Common practice with some WWing fellows. Still he should have provided a color scheme.

Mack's link should help you (If the manufacturer used the same color code) But from observation, even with this chart the colors don't seem to match very well...
                  Thanks Bill and others for your help!!
                  Got a package from Bill W. this am along with a nice clear chart showing the sequence of colours/grits....Now I have two...Oh well will come in handy...Jim in Halifax

Comment

Working...
                  X