Spray Gun World

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spray Gun World

I'm looking for good Asturo LVLP spray gun to use with my small compressor ( 7.5 cfm@40 psi). Spray Gun World has a great site and a large offering but I've seen some negative comments about them on the web. Has anyone had experience with this company?
    It looks like there are a number of different spray gun companies at the same address as Spray Gun World, which seems a little suspicious, so I'm try to get some info before I jump. If anyone knows of a Canadian company that would even be better.
    Thx
    Jake

Re: Spray Gun World

After substantial research and searching for my particular needs, I bought a $200 professional SATA gun from them and am extremely pleased with the support advice and subsequent purchase. I told the rep what I was searching for small cabinet capabilities etc., and he had some personal experience to recommend.

As to multiple companies doing business as (DBA) that is pretty common - I can show you power tool companies of major brands doing the same thing. The different DBA specialize in different sales segments; IRS advantages apply; and other reasons. Of course if you find a local company with these many choices, avoiding border costs etc. and comparable prices, than that would be a first choice, but their quality is important and the items are not substandard quality frequently found when you pay what you get for as they say.

Comment

P.S. By the way Jake, 7 1/2 feet of air at 40 lbs is no small compressor (meaning output). I'll have to look up the requirements for the gun you mention....

Comment

Buying locally with support and service is 100% must IMO for spray equipment. You are going to need parts and gaskets soon or later and if you need to ask a questions, can my finish work with my existing needle or why is my gun spluttering you can get the right information and reduce the fustration level. Maybe talk to the Wood Essence people http://www.woodessence.com/
        Cheers, Mark
        sigpicToday's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut, that held its ground.

Comment

I can't recommend Spray Gun World. I placed an order January 1 and still haven't received it. The owner, Mike Davis, has made several empty promises but refuses to refund my money. His reason, and I quote him: :The order is so old the computer won't allow us to refund anymore."

Well, if he had shipped my order when he took my money it wouldn't be a problem. It doesn't look like I will ever get my spray gun, or my money. So now the affordable alternative to an Iwata would cost me twice the price, can't see going that route. Will probably just buy an Iwata locally and keep fighting for a refund. Learn from my mistake and stay away from Spray Gun World.

Comment

Originally posted by v8garage View Post
            I can't recommend Spray Gun World. I placed an order January 1 and still haven't received it. The owner, Mike Davis, has made several empty promises but refuses to refund my money. His reason, and I quote him: :The order is so old the computer won't allow us to refund anymore."

Well, if he had shipped my order when he took my money it wouldn't be a problem. It doesn't look like I will ever get my spray gun, or my money. So now the affordable alternative to an Iwata would cost me twice the price, can't see going that route. Will probably just buy an Iwata locally and keep fighting for a refund. Learn from my mistake and stay away from Spray Gun World.
            If you paid by CC, you should be able to file a complaint with them and get your $ refunded.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba Gump View Post
              If you paid by CC, you should be able to file a complaint with them and get your $ refunded.
              I've also heard that a call the the FBI stating fraud is taken very seriously.

Comment

Federal Credit Lending protects you if the card was lost or stolen and reported in a timely fashion.

In case of disputes, the card issuer will consider withholding merchant payment while it investigates the issue - which is good for another month's delay.

I've also heard that a call the the FBI stating fraud is taken very seriously.
                HUH? ... please spare us

Comment

I bought a specialized spray gun to spray glue(Panther) and while I eventually got it to work properly It certainly wasn't due to anytrhing spray gun world did. Their customer reponse was non-existant. I finally got some satisfaction from the manufacturer. Spray Gun World made all kinds of claims that ultimatley simply were true. And when I complained to them I NEVER HEARD A WORD BACK.
                  Stay CLEAR!!!

Comment

This isn't specific to the LVLP gun you want, but:

I bought a SATA Minijet IV from Sata in Calgary. They were very helpful and I like the gun.
                    CMax Paint & Body Shop Supplies (near Barlow & 32nd ave) used to sell SATA supplies - don't know if they still do.
                    Bellaire Industrial Coatings carry a number of guns, specialize in woodworking finishing, and have been helpful when I've dealt with them. They invited the SAWS woodworking club to attend a session on finishing two years ago that I attended.
                    I've bought finishing supplies from Jeff at www.woodessence.com and he has provided good service and helpful advice.

Comment

Working...
                    X