Spraying Minwax Polyshades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spraying Minwax Polyshades

Has anyone sprayed minwax polyshades with a HVLP sprayer.How has the finish come out? I am looking to spray stain and finish togeather. Any hints. I am trying to get close to a factory finish.
    Thanks,
    George

Re: Spraying Minwax Polyshades

The only hint I can offer is "TRASH THE POLYSHADES."
    "Do it Right!"

Comment

Originally posted by woodman wood View Post
      Any hints. I am trying to get close to a factory finish.
      If the quality of finish is your main goal, then may I suggest you try professional grade finishes, because that's what "factories" use. They don't use polyshades. There are lots of suppliers of high quality dyes, stains and finishes, a check of the archives will give lots of choice, just depends what is available reasonably close to you.
      As well as quality problems, spraying polyshades can screw up your spray equipment and, unless you have a spray booth, cover your shop with a sticky dust.
      Paul

Comment

The only thing Polyshades is good for, is ...........Hmm I can't think of ANYTHING! Total Garbage.
        If women don't find you handsome, they can sure find you handy. Red Green

Comment

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
          The only thing Polyshades is good for, is ...........Hmm I can't think of ANYTHING! Total Garbage.
          Sorry but you are wrong about Polyshades - it is very useful as a bad example!

It is garbage alright.

billh

Comment

I tried mixing a bit of the red umber polyshades with my danish oil and used that to build color , very diluted mind you. I found if I put very much in i got streaking, but a very light tint might be ok ? everyone seems to hate the stuff. from what I have seen, if I put it on straight, that kind of stain really hides the grain. never tried spraying it.
            “The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” -Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...
            X