has anyone tried Livos oil finishes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone tried Livos oil finishes?

I was at a product demo last night. The product was Kunos 244. The company was Livos. It is a hard oil finish that seems appropriate for all woodworking applications...Which makes me sceptical. If anyone has tried the product I would appreciate hearing about your ecperiences. Depending on feedback I get I will try the product and submit a review.

Peter
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: has anyone tried Livos oil finishes?

I haven't tried it yet, but I just picked up a small bottle. I am a couple of evening sessions from finishing a saw vise in maple, so I figured I would give it a try on a shop fixture before using it elsewhere. Since there is interest, I will put my experience in this thread.

Comment

I use it all the time, have been for a couple years now. I absolutely love it. I do a lot with live edge slabs and reclaimed lumber, every live edge piece I've built in the last couple of years has been finished with Livos. I've also used it on some reclaimed hemlock. I can't say enough good things about it. It's easy to use, and feels amazing on the lumber.

Comment

Haven't tried Livos but use a similar product from Rubio called Monocoat with good results. Sold as a one coat flooring oil. Expensive but works great in certain applications.

John

Comment

I was interested, but with no Alberta distributor, I did not pursue.

Don

Comment

Working...
          X