Stain for laminated pine kitchen cabinets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stain for laminated pine kitchen cabinets

We have new kitchen cabinets made from Laminated Pine Shelf material and maple plywood. The doors are already attached. I am looking for a dark stain with a satin polyurethane alternative that is not toxic but easy to apply and will not be blotchy. I found a product called DuroStain Safecoat but have no experience with it. Is stain and shellac an option?
    Last edited by Sinew haven; 02-23-2013, 03:34 PM.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Stain for laminated pine kitchen cabinets

I have used DuroStain Safecoat for my maple kitchen cabinets, it has excellent pigmentation stability and most importantly a durable stain.
    Installed maple kitchen cabinets in my kitchen.

Comment

Thanks for you're response. Did you use a wood conditioner before the DuroStain? We would need something to avoid blotching since we are using pine. Do you have any photos of your kitchen, and/or the colour of stain you used?

Comment

I used a couple of different Minwax stains on that material, with good results, but You must use the pre-stain conditioner.
        In an age when scientists are creating artificial intelligence, too many of our educational institutions seem to be creating artificial stupidity. - Thomas Sowell

Comment

Working...
        X