No announcement yet.

Optimal speed for 8Ē combination blade?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimal speed for 8Ē combination blade?

My cheap ass hardware store aluminum pulley bit the biscuit tonight. Iím going to pick up steal one tomorrow, wondering what the optimal size pulley should be on my old Beaver 3200. Iím running thin kerf blades for most things, however Iíve just picked up a Dimar combination blade that I donít want to wreck. It says nothing on the blade in terms of recommended speed. The old manual says a 5 5/8 diameter pulley well bring this saw up to 4500 RPM. I plan on using the good blade for cutting hardwood and try finer work. I have a bunch of walnut Iíd like to start messing with.

thanks in advance
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Optimal speed for 8Ē combination blade?

A good blade should give max rpm IMO! Be sure your motor s 1800 rpm rather than 3600 if you use a 5.5'' pulley. Dimar is a good brand and I expect it will tolerate 10000 rpm but your old saw arbour will not.
    Rob

Comment

Thanks Rob, Iíll take another look but I didnít see anything when I peeled it open out of its package and took the paper off. Lee valley tools charge me a premium for that damn blade LOL go figure.
      hard to find 8 inch blades. Lots of 8 1/4ís out there but they donít retract fully under the table
      Yes the motor is a one horse 1725. Iíll stick to a 5 1/2 inch pulley.

Comment

Busybee have 8 inch combination blades (thin kerf) on sale for 10.99 right now. They work fine!
        ShoestringMariner likes this.

Comment

Working...
        X